Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunshine Coast Coppers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
it will be interesting to see how the cops handle them in a chase
because the handling meant to be different

what on earth does that have to do with anything?? its not as if they are like aeroplanes and will slide everywhere, they are cars, and i dont understand this question because its pretty gay if u ask me.

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i dont understand this question because its pretty gay if u ask me.

what the hell? unless you want people to think you're a tool thats a stupid thing to say

i think what he is saying is coppers have been driving vt/vx/vy/vz for the last 9 years now, which all have the same platform and feel very much the same. now there is the ve which is suppose to be very different so they will have to spend some time getting to know the car.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
what on earth does that have to do with anything?? its not as if they are like aeroplanes and will slide everywhere, they are cars, and i dont understand this question because its pretty gay if u ask me.

ok. one thing
maybe ur gay for not understanding it?! what u said is more confusing than the question.. what the hell do planes have 2 do with the price of ****? im a pilot. putting planes in the same category as cars is like talking bout cats shaggin dogs. it doesnt happen! and when it does, its freaky!

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
what the hell? unless you want people to think you're a tool thats a stupid thing to say

i think what he is saying is coppers have been driving vt/vx/vy/vz for the last 9 years now, which all have the same platform and feel very much the same. now there is the ve which is suppose to be very different so they will have to spend some time getting to know the car.

exactly what i meant.
coppers might be hesitant in driving to the limit in a chase cos they dont know the car.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
A car's a car. Cops don't thrash their cars around corners and stuff that much anyway..

I'll guess that 99% of police driving is just cruising around under the speed limit and with the majority of cars, they pull over as soon as they see the flashies..

I doubt the change from VZ to VE will have a significant effect on how coppers drive, even in chases.

BTW, cops wouldn't enter the kind of chase where awesome cornering is required and the difference between models come out. They don't treat the road like a race track, there's too much bullshit to cut thru for em to do it..

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
i heard the VE actually handles a hell of alot better then previous models, also with the new brake and susp setup even the dumbest of cops would be able to flog these things and pull themselves out of a stick situation.

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
A car's a car. Cops don't thrash their cars around corners and stuff that much anyway..

I'll guess that 99% of police driving is just cruising around under the speed limit and with the majority of cars, they pull over as soon as they see the flashies..

I doubt the change from VZ to VE will have a significant effect on how coppers drive, even in chases.

BTW, cops wouldn't enter the kind of chase where awesome cornering is required and the difference between models come out. They don't treat the road like a race track, there's too much bullshit to cut thru for em to do it..

you're quite right but i think a fair few cops will certainly feel a big difference. i see a fair few cops pushing their cars fairly hard not just in chases but going somewhere with their lights on. i think it is will be a significant change for them. i know when i get in a different car it takes a little while for me to get comfortable in it.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
ive seen cops un nessicaringly whip it sideways at a u turn point.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S

As with everything,there's a time and a place.I'm intrigued by your indepth knowledge of just how police operate,your studying law are'nt you?.Anyway's the VE deffinately is not growing on me yet,and ffs it's not like it's a space shuttle they've designed,it's a car,and I don't think it will be worth draughting a whole new driver training course for the VE either.I'm sure they'll work it out.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i heard the VE actually handles a hell of alot better then previous models, also with the new brake and susp setup even the dumbest of cops would be able to flog these things and pull themselves out of a stick situation.

Didnt feel much different to me, felt floaty, like the falcons used too.

People hear so much about the VE, go drive one, apart from the caprice, which just has a sweet interior and ride(bumps etc) they are a piece of ****. I drove a VE GTS and it was the most unexciting boring car i have ever driven(thanks to Smiths Holden btw).

What holden have done is open up the market for european cars for people in the higher end of the holden market. Bogans will still drive holdens, it is gods wish, so holden will still always sell cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.