Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super charger kits for 3.8 v6's

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
i believe the VS will blow up with 800hp trying to be achieved...

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
it wouldnt be impossible to extract 800hp from a VS V6. but to bolt an 800hp capable turbo to the side and wish for 800 is simply just that. wishing.

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
Hi Guys

I am wanting more power and am interested in a raptor supercharger stage 1.

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/products.htm

What i would like to know is how much power can the ecotec take? The raptor kit is 8.5psi how long would the engine last being stock?

I know the Raptor says appx 60-70% power increase without cooler what other ones can i consider apart from the CRS?

It has 82000kms if that makes a diff.

Cheers

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
technically, the raptor kit or any centrifugal supercharger should be "easier" on the engine because of their boost delivery vs. crank revolutions....instead of a big thump of boost down low like a PD blower or good turbo set up can deliver, a centrifugal delivers more boost the higher the engine revs until either the limiter hits or the blower loses adiabatic efficiency.
I have spoken to Tim from raptor and he knows his product and is also very proud of what it achieves. contact him directly and hit him with what questions you have.
cheers
the maniac

T

Tradewind

Brutha that car is just run in with 82 000kms!!

Plenty folks around running Raptor, I follow em all just to see how they go and seriously....... people seem real happy. So yeah give it a go, especially with a young engine like that.

vuboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu spack ute v6
Tradewind said:
U won't be rechipping your VU, not possible :D

what do i go computer wise if when i get charged do i take it to the dyno and they do it all for me or do i need to replce somthing sorry in not very cluey when it comes to sc

thnx

T

Tradewind

VU Boy

Its just that there is currently a waiting period for new software to reflash the computer of cars from VU - VY in V6. Soon it will arrive

vuboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu spack ute v6
dam the vu :b:

V

VTGT

vuboy said:
dam the vu :b:

I would wait till there are a few more Raptor superchargers out there and wait to see more time slips before buying one man, a guy with a VT pulled 180rwkw on the dyno and did 15.425 1/4 mile.

D

De Racer

VTGT

Show us your dyno charts man, show us watcha got, timeslips etc, we bet you can't pull skin from a custard :D Just a another talker lol, damn kidz.

It my bet you got nothing worth talking about hahahahah

Actually, yeah, 180Kw on rubber, now thats def good enough, damn a Gen 3 stock is around 165 - 180. Tat sort of power will get me looking for the website of this lot :) Gimme gimme