Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super charger kits for 3.8 v6's

D

De Racer

SC power for V6 movie

Hey I see the crowd who dun Cent6's car have sum vids on their site. The in car dash shot shows some solid acceleration.

D

De Racer

Hows it running

Cent6, you still around? How's your car running? Those vids of the setup and racing look unreal. Does yours go that well, to be that close to a 13 sec car is awesome ......

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Nice to see ya on here BlackJacknz. What boost level are you going for as last I read it was about 17psi I think. Also have you got the diff finsihed yet??
AirStrike :air:

centrifugal6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS supercharged v6 Twin coming
De Racer said:
Cent6, you still around? How's your car running? Those vids of the setup and racing look unreal. Does yours go that well, to be that close to a 13 sec car is awesome ......

Yep i'm still hear bud

Car is running unreal and ta run a 14.172 was awesume for
the first few runs with the blower.
From 0 ta 200 + acelerration is unreal !!!!! as U seen on vids

D

De Racer

Awesum

Hey Cent6 thats all good, you running 7psi and going nearly 99mph, I see blackjacknz is running 10psi more and only 3 mph faster. Cent6 maybe you need sum good rubber or traction aids so you can rev and go from start .... knock of sum more time.

centrifugal6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS supercharged v6 Twin coming
De Racer said:
Hey Cent6 thats all good, you running 7psi and going nearly 99mph, I see blackjacknz is running 10psi more and only 3 mph faster. Cent6 maybe you need sum good rubber or traction aids so you can rev and go from start .... knock of sum more time.

Hay de racer
That is unreal hu 7 again"st 17 psi and only 3 mph quicker that"s unreal!!!!.
About the traction great idea slicks would help alot on the starts
aspecialy 1 ta 2 traction is all most nothing.

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
AirStrike said:
Nice to see ya on here BlackJacknz. What boost level are you going for as last I read it was about 17psi I think. Also have you got the diff finsihed yet??
AirStrike :air:

yeh 17 was what i was running on that last run....just machined the snout to test the 18 & 19psi pulleys.

Diff is still the 3.08 non lsd...so will get a lot quicker off the line once i do the 3.73LSD...but thats a little way off at the moment...

will be running this weekend if the weatehr clears with the 18 & 19psi....trying to crack a 12 sec pass..

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
De Racer said:

im running 17psi pulley.....but only seeing about 12psi after the intercooler...but obviously allows more boost to be made....

when i had similar hp...226rwhp with the 10 psi (before the FMIC) ran a 13.96 @96mph

that last run that i did for the 13.14 sec pass was a very hot day...because i normally run 104mph...so with the colder weather..and if i can launch it just the same..will see me get a 12....but just to make sure i'll be taking the 18 & 19 psi pulleys to try anyway.

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
also remember that im running this in a heaxy VX S Commodore...which i think is about 200kg heavier than the earlier vr-vs models...