Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super Chargered Omega, easy enough?... Advice/Ideas!

Tremaine.Noble

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Commodore
Found a super charger on this site for $200, heaps keen, only drama is that i haven't the first clue as to how i could install one to my VE Omega, or what I would need to do to the engine to make it safe for it. I am just looking to out do my Brothers CV8, he's had the exhuast, extractors, Air filter and 3.9 Diff added to the car, is there anything i can do to compete, using my car. or is it a dream i'll never realise? any help would be awesome!

TGR 35S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss
$$200 supercharger lol are u for real

Tremaine.Noble

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Commodore
even if its not that super charger. im just curios if the job can be done. not fazed about costs.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
It can be done, but not for $200. It is more likely to cost $5000-$8000 (CAPA : Supercharger Kits)
Not only will this be expensive But your brothers CV8 will still be faster.
If yo are really serious about wanting more power, sell your Omega and buy a V8. IMO Modifications to the alloytec engines have so far been expensve with small gains.

Just my 2cents.

Tremaine.Noble

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Commodore
hey man thanks heaps for that, I'm gonna save that site for another day, cant say i will be getting that this year, haha, or even next :p but i may go the V8 anyway, just a matter of waiting for the price drop on the VE SS, already seeing them in the $18,000-$20,000 (though, very rare) so i might try that in the next year or two. what do you think about super charging the SS?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Wait until you get, own and drive the V8 for a couple of months before deciding on a super charger for it.
V8s have a lot of power already, and more power can be gained for relatively small amounts of money without resorting to a super charger.
Once you have upgraded the exhaust, intake, cam, and tuned your car, then work out if super charging is right for you,
I know people that have gone down this route, and absolutely love it, but unless your car is seeing the track on a regular basis, a stock V8 will have more than enough power on the street.

Also keep in mind that insurance for V8s can be expensive, even more so when they are modified. Also keep in mind the cost of fuel.
V8s can be very economical at decent cruising speeds >100Km.
Stick them in Sydney peak hour traffic, and watch your money go up in fuel....
Supercharging will require high octane fuel, and lots of it... So if your car is a daily driver, be prepared to lube up for your local petrol station manager. Because fuel will become a big expense.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yes I have a Cammed SSV and 315rwkw is plenty, I assure you of that.

And I agree with Zerone_V, fuel does become expensive when your getting 21L / 100km, and the price for 98 is above $1.50L

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
I heard that if you get a fan and put it in your airbox, and run it off the accessories of the car, that you gain 300rwhp.....

But i also have heard that if you plumb your airconditioner to flow into the airbox it becomes a SUPER COLD AIR INTAKE giving your 400rwhp!!!!

Bill44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 08 MY09
I heard that if you get a fan and put it in your airbox, and run it off the accessories of the car, that you gain 300rwhp.....

But i also have heard that if you plumb your airconditioner to flow into the airbox it becomes a SUPER COLD AIR INTAKE giving your 400rwhp!!!!

I think I might try that.:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yes I have a Cammed SSV and 315rwkw is plenty, I assure you of that.

And I agree with Zerone_V, fuel does become expensive when your getting 21L / 100km, and the price for 98 is above $1.50L

+1 on this... There is alot you can to a v8 before you get bored enough that have to charge it.

Other items:

1. I would be very worried about any "supersharger" that costs $200
2. Even if you strap a $200 charger to the enging, you will be forking out a few grand in tuning and other components to make it all work.
3. Your going to need alot more than a $200 charger to catch your brother. His car is lighter, more powerful and has a high ration diff. If you put a charger on you SHOULD be able to match his power, but then he'll still have you on 2 fronts.