Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super Police Cruiser! LOOK OUT HOONS!!!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
No problem. In an average patrol shift the numerplate camera will scan around 9000 plates!

Also, the radio overrider is the same idea that CityLink uses in their tunnels. If there is a problem they bombard al frequencies with a message. Only works if your actually tuned to a radio station though. Wont work if your listening to a CD.

And here's what i'm talking about, paintwork on this looks too much like the evos with the orange line!
VPevox_1.jpg

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
looks like an english bobby's car...gaayyy

why not put the money into teaching kids how to drive better...haha

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
looks like an english bobby's car...gaayyy

why not put the money into teaching kids how to drive better...haha

Caus then the kids would get away even quicker, and the cops would never even better cars lol.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Laughing my head off imagining if you fired one of those GPS transponder missed the car and hit some pedestrian in the head. At least you could continue the chase and come back and help the person later, cause you know where they are.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Laughing my head off imagining if you fired one of those GPS transponder missed the car and hit some pedestrian in the head. At least you could continue the chase and come back and help the person later, cause you know where they are.
If that happened the chase car wouldn't do anything, base can co-ordinate medical attention to the person based on the GPS signal. Basically these vehicles take out a lot of the crap, everything relays back to base! Base make decisions based on what they see from the cameras.

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
hmmm i smell a scent of 2fast 2furious! (at the start of the movie, the thing disables ur car)... the evo may look gay but i imagine it will be bloody quick!
and agree with (alien) and now cops dont have to think base will reply back saying unregistered or so. and bang lights are on and away they go!

mas996

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
the paint job on those things is pretty hideous.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If that happened the chase car wouldn't do anything, base can co-ordinate medical attention to the person based on the GPS signal. Basically these vehicles take out a lot of the crap, everything relays back to base! Base make decisions based on what they see from the cameras.

You sure know how do kill a joke don't you. LOL. :p

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
alien you know your stuff; how do emergency vehicles in Australia alter traffic lights and traffic situations? Have always wondered this

I don't see how this will stop hoons, more criminals fleeing a scene, unreg'd cars etc.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
VS Omega, i think there are a few states in Australia that use different systems to control that. E.g. Some intersersections are actually controlled by a control centre [e.g. like in Sydney].

Down here in Vic there are multiple types. Currently Victoria has over 3200 traffic signals which are linked to a small number VicRoads servers via telephone lines [please note these are only operative in the major areas... Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo, Shep and Ballarat]. Each server can control up to 128 signals. They have the ultimate decision. With these ones they can be controlled remotly to turn green [especially with the new vehicles which are tracked by GPS they can be set to green so traffic flows so they can keep rolling on]. That is how mostly atm they are working, however there are IR transmitters still in use which get picked up and change the lights.