Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharge swap

mickm73

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz hsv r8 clubsport
I have a manual vy Storm ute running a standard v6, wanting to fit a v6 supercharged engine I have, however that motor is hooked up to an auto, what do I need to do to swap it as I want to keep the manual.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
The pcm will need to be changed and you'll need to have a memcal burnt for the manual. You can modify the ecotec wiring or swap the whole loom

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
You either need to mod the SC6 wiring loom for manual, or mod a manual ecotec loom for the SC6. be aware though that they 5 speed gear box will not handle to SC6 engine for long. That's why the SC6 never came factory manual.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Getrag will be fine and have done heaps of them making from 150rwkw-300rwkw on various cars I've set up and tuned so don't believe the myths the box isn't up to it! It will be fine as long as you don't dump the clutch hard all over the shop.

You will need the flywheel mirror balanced to L67 auto flex plate as well as to implement dowels to the crank. Be mad not to any time the box is out in my experience and have changed a few engines from fly wheel bolts letting go under full power and throwing conn rods.

For tune side of things will either need a manual super 6 tune made up on the factory ecu which is what I do for VT2-VY eco to L67 conversions or swap engine/ pcm loom to a VY super 6 one and run a manual L67 memcal tune.

I can offer a drive in drive out if you're in Vic no problems :)