Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged Alloytec Or Turbo

06vzcalais

Reaction score
I Was Just After an opinion i was chattin to a fellow commodore owner the other night and we got into a bit of an argument after a slab or two about supercharging or turbocharging my 6er i have been in discusion with C.A.P.A retailer about the in valley 440kw intercooled kit serious power for around 15g but i need to upgrade a few other internals with tht sort of power figures i think.. can anyone inform me of what internals i need to upgrade and whether id be beter off spending that sort of money on a turbo set up??

Last edited:

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
spending that amount on a turbo car would get you 1 hell of a car i tell ya go turbo aye as the s/c's from what im told run out of breath if you spend some on the internals (although stock internals can handle a fair bit) then you will have a crazy 11 sec car.correct me if im wrong

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
doesnt the manifold make it hard for a valley mount? there was something i remember about this cant remember what is was but i'll get back to ya, i know its something that makes alloytecs hard to valley mount..

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
if your going for big power i upgrade rods and pistons. drop the compression back to 9:1

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
i thought the alloytecs had forged internals already? i know they can handle a fair bit of boost and power, would this all be neccessary, cuz if he's gonna open the motor its gonna cost big..

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the stock internals are forged but the rods are still pretty small and the compression is 10.2 stock. i'd go forged H beams and dished pistons to drop the cr to 9:1 if you want to venture over 12psi for a daily driver.

as i said the rods may be forged but all the pictures i've seen there still not alot of steel in them. i think the fact that the only alloytec to ever venture over 12psi to 15psi disappeared very fast confirms this. they seem to handle high rpms fine though.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
Crank Driven T Trim Charger reverse rotation unit Intercooled 440Kw Vz Only $8995 for the kit $495 for the piggyback a resonable front half of the zorst with Quad Outlaw cats $900 and for some reason they charging me a shitload of labour anyone know what sort of price id be looking at for stronger internals as sugested before eg forged H beams and dished pistons

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Crank Driven T Trim Charger reverse rotation unit Intercooled 440Kw Vz Only $8995 for the kit $495 for the piggyback a resonable front half of the zorst with Quad Outlaw cats $900 and for some reason they charging me a shitload of labour anyone know what sort of price id be looking at for stronger internals as sugested before eg forged H beams and dished pistons

stronger internals on an alloytec at present = expensive

06vzcalais

Reaction score
stronger internals on an alloytec at present = expensive

not what i wanted to hear *Cry* i guess ill just smash some form of boost into it whether it be turbo or supercharger i had a turbo on my 4 pot screamer scoobydoo that had "Bush Rego" wasnt to happy with the whole lag thing i think the turbo in question may of been the problem rather than turbos in whole but i love the supercharger whine and they are run at reasonably low boost im guessing to get 440 kw out of a turbo i need to be pushing about 15psi am i not correct and a charger same power for 10-12psi would this make any diff at all