Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged Alloytec Or Turbo

06vzcalais

Reaction score
Owning both a turbo Ecotec and supercharged alloytec I can offer an unbiased opinion on both. The supercharged alloytec is much nicer to drive and is a much better daily driver, it doesn't use fuel, its hell smoother and all round nicer on the road. But there is no way, mod for mod, boost for boost, on the same engine, that it would beat a decent sized turbo setup.

drivability in everyday situations is what i want, im not after a spastic drag car, i want something i can happily drive to the shops with but still enough power to get me out of trouble when it comes to those rice burners trying to drag you off the lights, it becomes quite embaressing when blown away by a 4 pot screamer(pulsar gti-r with spastic turbo set up)

06vzcalais

Reaction score
i got hold of those transmission blokes awaiting a reply(if i get one at all). Thanks for that

TVS

Reversed Upside Down
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Turbo, S/C VZ, Bravo 4x4, 99 Vectra
Well a blower might be better for you then, they are much easier to get traction with. My VS even when it had only 200rwkw, had issues with traction so on the street it was painful trying to get it off the line, whereas a blower comes on nice and smooth so you just mash the peddle and go.