Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged LPG ?

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Dual fuel is bad, Go straight gas

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Not on an L67! It simply wasn't designed for it! If anything you'd go dual fuel if you absolutly had to go LPG!

kalu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
second hand LPG gas conversion environmentaly friendly

i recently saw second hand lpg gas system, and i would like to buy it and install it to my car. i have already claimed my grant once so i need to pay this time...

the system is a complete with all the bits and pieces. also it came from a same type of car i have (VT). so i guess everything should be easy and straightforward

dose anyone know how much would a gas installer charge to fit the system to the car?

.... recycle and save the planet.......

blownba

Reaction score
There is no better LPG system available than the JTG liquid injection system.
It is a true high performance LPG system that injects the LPG as a freezing liquid and will actually work as a chemical intercooler and lower intake temps and will actually yeild more power than petrol.

Check this baby out. VE 6.0L harrop supercharger. water to air intercooler. And MORE power than petrol.

There is NO better system available worldwide.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8051/sl371330.jpg

dvs18u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
I agree, it's definitely worth doing.

I had my 98 VT Calais V6 s/c converted to a Sprintgas dual fuel setup, just the older "venturi" system (not the latest gas injection which i would have liked but couldn't afford) and i am happy with it. No loss in power, big loss in the amount i have to cough up each fill. I don't carry much luggage (the kind you put in a car boot - i have heaps of the emotional kind!) and i'm no good at skiing, so losing some boot space and the "ski hatch" doesn't bother me.

A lot of people don't like LPG and i respect their opinion, however some of the BS people write about the pitfalls of LPG infuriate me. 3mm steel gas tanks are safer than plastic petrol tanks - that has been proven. I think a lot of the negativity is Oil Company propaganda, as let's face it the profit margins on gas aren't as high and it doesn't fluctuate on a weekly cycle like petrol = less opportunity to gouge the consumer. That's just my 2c worth but.

For the benefit of those considering fitting LPG to a V6 s/c, i have attached some pics of my install.
very nice ive been waiting to find some one who has don this to a vt and i have to say im impressed
do you notice much accel down low or what keen to know specs etc if possible

turbo ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY S UTE
My vx S pac supercharged sedan has been on LPG for 10 years with zero problems,it's nearly got 300.000 kms on it.