Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged VT Berlina air going through windscreen only

craigy09

Reaction score
Hi i recently bought a supercharged vt berlina and for some reason the climate control is messing up.
No matter what settings i change the air only blows through the windscreen and not at face/feet etc etc.

It seems to be blowing at full fan because its pretty loud... and i can't hear any hissing sounds in dash (mainly due to the windscreen fans being really loud).

Any ideas on what i should look for to fix this?

cheers

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
This is happeneing to me except mines a Calais. Behind the supercharger there's a vacuum hose on mine that's perished. I assume this is the problem with mine but I haven't fixed it yet. There's a small thin nipple behind the supercharger just where the air line starts to turn, my hose has perished off there and also if you follow that, it will go into the firewall through a bit of rubber like skin which may also be perished like mine. Let me know if you find anything else!

Haydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Betty - Supercharged VX Berlina
Does the Climate Control (Blower) fan change speeds at all?
Before someone says fan speed amp (which may need replacing/repairing too) I was thinking the fan motor might be failing & affecting the flap that controls air direction.
I repaired a fan speed amp about 12 months ago, it lasted 15 mins & died... soon after the fan was getting louder, with the odd loud "clunk" when flap changed position.
Gave in & took it to an auto elec. He replaced the fan (blower) motor, telling me it was shagged & as they are failing they tend to fry the speed amp.

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
i had this problem where i couldnt change it from windscreen, i had left a vacuum hose disconnected when changing the spark plugs on my alloytec, look for disconnected / perished vacuum hoses .

theghostoftime1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt berlina series 1 V6
my vt berlina fan will go from fronts to dash when i have fan on high or max and stay there until i take my foot off the gas it will go back to front vents which its set to. seems under heavy load it goes weird???

thebish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pac daily driver - 08 Liberty GT-B
yeah they are all the same problem - caused by the same pipe/non return valve

craigy09

Reaction score
Ok a bit of an update.

Went over the whole car today and scored some free boost from perished hoses (from 2psi to around 5-6psi)

All hoses around there seemed to be connected and in good condition going into the firewall.

Do i need to pull my dash apart to check the hose once its inside?

James851

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
This is happeneing to me except mines a Calais. Behind the supercharger there's a vacuum hose on mine that's perished. I assume this is the problem with mine but I haven't fixed it yet. There's a small thin nipple behind the supercharger just where the air line starts to turn, my hose has perished off there and also if you follow that, it will go into the firewall through a bit of rubber like skin which may also be perished like mine. Let me know if you find anything else!
I have a VX Berlina and have checked everything, including pulled apart the control unit (digital) and cant find a single problem.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Suggest you get your car scanned with a Tech2 (or equivalent) and see if any HVAC codes have been set.