Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged VT/VX... How expensive to insure?

porkkhunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Supercharged
I pay a lil over $400 a year thru RACQ but taking into consideration I'm over 40 with a good driving record :angel: :yeah:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Fark!
Costs me $790 a year for a S/C VT 99 Calais with Allianz (NRMA $900 with multi-policy discount) and I'm 45, perfect driving record, full no claims and in Sydney Northern Beaches.

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
I paid $1650 in the first year for my S/C HSV. I'm on the second year and now its come down to $1430. Its with Justcar, i think they are best value for money for young drivers. I was 24 when i got it and now i'm 25 but they only reduced around $200.. not very happy!

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
Geez there are some big figures in there!

It was going to cost me 2500 a year just to insure my VT acclaim because I'm 18! I only have third party property right now which is 450 a year.

When I get older I'd like something more powerful and nicer. :)

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I'm 37 and have aq good driving record, only one speeding ticket back in 1988. No crashes so no claims, had insurance years ago, but nothing recent.

Racv cost's 1700 odd. Thats paying monthly and with the roadside assist thing as well. They have some windscreen option which I didnt take, but I think if I'm so many kms from home ( I think it is 100 ) then free motel room.

This is my first year of insurance etc with them and am hoping it will come down. Oh and I live in the western suburbs of Melbourne, I think that has added a bit on to the cost.

Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS UTE
Mines a supercharged vx calais and its $400 ( full cover from AAMI ) but im 36 with rating 1 !

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Oh man, i think im in for a big payment per annum if I buy this VT Super 6 with upgraded pulley to 10 PSI :S. Man I hate insurance company's!

But they are your best friend when your car is stolen or F@#$ed up!!!!