Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharger modifications

oldskool-vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s-pac, 82 vh sl
latest project im taking on is to supercharge a holden straigh six,the blower im using is an m90 off of an l67.
this motor will run a dcoe45 on drawthrough,my main concern is the non-sealed bearings at the back of the rotor pack.has anyone converted them to sealed?
if so was the any bearing that drop straigh in?

any tips for the project im attempting?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
AFAIK the conversion (or something similar) has been done before, I've seen a few videos floating around the net but know nothing more than that, so it might be worth hunting them down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlH7vyHGwCI

oldskool-vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s-pac, 82 vh sl
That motor looks a little more than I'm wanting to do currently, nice sound from it tho. Does anyone know how an xu1 spec cam will handle the blower?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
There have been a few guys that have run fuel through the M90 with out any problems with the rear needle bearings.
The rear bearings should have a seal lip on them.

Are you looking at running the Holden M90 with the rear entry or are you going for the top entry setup?

As for the cam, you really meed one that is blower specific to get the most from the blower. There are quite a few great ones that the L67 guys use that could be copied to suit the straight 6.

oldskool-vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s-pac, 82 vh sl
going with the rear entry holden m90,its getting mocked up onto a 173 HC blue motor untill i get the 202 built for it.
its not going to be a full blown race car,just a bit of fun for a cheap-ish track car