Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharger pulleys

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
This has been dont to death, more than 10psi or 87mm and you ARE doing damage to your motor. If you have a few mods eg exhaust, rockers or cam you might get away with 12psi but you realy tempting fate.
Do yourself a favour and get on to l67torque and have a read there.

You clearly have no idea everything you have said is the complete opposite of what you should do.

Chill bloke lol,he is over at L67 learning as we all are.His over boost problem was fixed on that site,he is still learning terminology ect so to speak on these,so am I.

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
i was thinking of getting twin 2.5 because i do like the sound of a loud exhaust. its already got standard s pak CAI with a K&N filter. thanks for all the help, ill go check out that website :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Chill bloke lol,he is over at L67 learning as we all are.His over boost problem was fixed on that site,he is still learning terminology ect so to speak on these,so am I.

Im chilled, I was just trying to get the message across and it sounded like he didnt want to hear it as he said "mine ran fine."

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
i was thinking of getting twin 2.5 because i do like the sound of a loud exhaust. its already got standard s pak CAI with a K&N filter. thanks for all the help, ill go check out that website :)

2.5" is to big unless you are going to do lots of mods and want lots more power.

I would say if you want sub 200rwkw go a w2a cooler
over 200rwkw go a2a

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
This has been dont to death, more than 10psi or 87mm and you ARE doing damage to your motor. If you have a few mods eg exhaust, rockers or cam you might get away with 12psi but you realy tempting fate.
Do yourself a favour and get on to l67torque and have a read there.

You clearly have no idea everything you have said is the complete opposite of what you should do.

I clearly stated my my opinion, im on L67torque.com and I have dyno pappers to prove my point.

Exhaust and 14psi (note 3rd gear)

IMG2.jpg

Extractors, hi-flow cats, twin 2 1/2 LS1 system, 69mm TB, CAI, K&N filter, 1:9 rockers and 10psi pulley (2nd gear)

IMG.jpg

if you only wanna spend about 1200 bucks run high boost to make 156rwkw and suffer that it might cut timing when hot (never happened to me but could see it on dyno as it warmed up) or do it properly and spend nearly 3500 grand like me and every1 else before us to make 160rwkw.

either way your computer will protect your bottom end and its rare they go bang if you mantain them n service it every 10,000kms or whatever.

there's all my information on the subject, remember im running 10psi again now so maybe you better off starting with 10psi and going from there

thanks mate, It all depends on your budget in my eye's

Last edited:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
I clearly stated my my opinion, im on L67torque.com and I have dyno pappers to prove my point.

Exhaust and 14psi (note 3rd gear)

IMG2.jpg

Extractors, hi-flow cats, twin 2 1/2 LS1 system, 69mm TB, CAI, K&N filter, 1:9 rockers and 10psi pulley (2nd gear)

IMG.jpg

if you only wanna spend about 1200 bucks run high boost to make 156rwkw and suffer that it might cut timing when hot (never happened to me but could see it on dyno as it warmed up) or do it properly and spend nearly 3500 grand like me and every1 else before us to make 160rwkw.

either way your computer will protect your bottom end and its rare they go bang if you mantain them n service it every 10,000kms or whatever.

there's all my information on the subject, remember im running 10psi again now so maybe you better off starting with 10psi and going from there

thanks mate, It all depends on your budget in my eye's

Its the heat generated form the charger that kills your motor it you dont want to belive it thats fine with me

I also have not seen your post in l67 but from the two print outs above it shows what im saying is correct

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Its the heat generated form the charger that kills your motor it you dont want to belive it thats fine with me

I also have not seen your post in l67 but from the two print outs above it shows what im saying is correct

I know, im not saying your wrong. for cheap quick power there's a different way to get it. I feel I can prove that there's a reason why people go 10psi because it surports further mods like the rockers or a cam before an intercooler is needed. where the timing lose it too great from higher un-cooled boost. As i tryed to say above I think it comes down to money. not every1 is willing to spend 3000 on a car and do not plan to continue moding it afterwards either.

here's my thread on L67torque click which shows on failure and improves as I work thru my mods (large MAF = fail etc.) its one of 3 or 4 VT Calais Internationals on there so I not sure how you missed it??

And once again im on 10psi now

Mate Braydenreid buy a 10psi pulley for now you can always pick up new pulleys cheap once you install a FIT or MACE pulley hub

Last edited:

Dr.304

SuperCharged StatesMan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Statesman Supercharged
An AFR of 13+ at High RPM and WOT? Combustion Temps would be very hot.

EDIT: Yes, i just realized, thread dig. Sue me. :boxing:

pipeliner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S/C V6
hey guys ive got the l67 stock supercharger, how hard is it/ how do you change the pulley over to a 10psi pulley? ive had it retuned, 2.5' hurricane extractors, 2.5'' exhaust. cold air intake, 81 degree thermostat.. im looking at changing the rockers too?

any help would be great