Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Superchargers

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's not so much need, it's just smart to have way more fuel available than required from a pump you can trust. Lean conditions make baby Jeebus cry

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Legal will probably require E85, stock cats and a tune containing witchcraft

Or so I've been told

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I see KPM has released their third in tank pump for vf, now rated at 1500hp, or I guess very roughly 1000hp on ethanol, $2.5k.
that pump system they are selling should not be sold in its current state, they do not use any fuel pressure regulator.... which means about 550kpa pressure at idle and it lowers depending on the power u make (fuel u use) then u have to tune for the degrade in pressure also very poor design until they do a regulator for it, its like a reverse pressure delta and big injectors wont idle on 550kpa pressure unless u like it super rich

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What mods do you already have? Extractors/cats/exhaust/tune or completely stock?

I'd get too carried away with blower route wanting eflex tune,springs/cam.highstall convertor & fuel pump with usual exhaust mods then I'd be upset all that power & coin spent with very few opportunities to beat on it.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Just a basic blower is GTG, and you keep some reliability

Plus if you want it legal you are going to need to pass emissions, adding other performance mods will be pissing away money as the car will need to be tuned for emissions and not power anyway

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
that pump system they are selling should not be sold in its current state, they do not use any fuel pressure regulator.... which means about 550kpa pressure at idle and it lowers depending on the power u make (fuel u use) then u have to tune for the degrade in pressure also very poor design until they do a regulator for it, its like a reverse pressure delta and big injectors wont idle on 550kpa pressure unless u like it super rich
Not that I'm in the market for one, but thanks for the hot tip. I see VCM's at $3.5k has it all. What do you use? Any cheaper kits out there that would handle 7-10psi on E85?

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Get used to seeing this when you fill up...

Screenshot_20210521-155753_Gallery.jpg

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
Sorry mate for asking so many questions this is all new for me the guy youve out forward Russo is he at fink engineering that price is drive in drive out any more costs ?
Two different businesses Mate. Russo are at Smeaton Grange (I think) and Fink is down here. Fink is purely engineering and can work with you and your installer to engineer the install.

the $16k was quoted by Russo and would only be blower install and tune. As Banjo noted, it would be a very conservative tune using the existing fuel pump set up.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I'd feel comfortable enough to mod exhaust, cats, tune and possibly camshaft post compliance, though I wouldn't touch the pulley. Sounds a bit counterintuitive I guess.