Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supid question

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
i was always under the impression that you had to apply for a permit even if you were a mechanic to be able to do this.
and by "under the impression" i mean in nsw.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Would be interesting what that much unburnt fuel going through the cat's would do to them aswell.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
go to vic roads and get an exzemption (i know thats not how you spell it you will get over it) then you can drive v8's, turbo's,supercharged cars totally legal. Although your not in work hours but im sure you can come up with some excuse. My mate got one so he could drive hies parents xr8 to work and back while he is on his red p's ;)

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
i was always under the impression that you had to apply for a permit even if you were a mechanic to be able to do this.
and by "under the impression" i mean in nsw.

In Vic, you don't need to apply for a permit if you're in the trade. I rang Vic Roads when i first started my apprenticeship and thats what i was told, however that was about 13 years ago, so it might have changed by now.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
In Vic, you don't need to apply for a permit if you're in the trade. I rang Vic Roads when i first started my apprenticeship and thats what i was told, however that was about 13 years ago, so it might have changed by now.

i recently looked it up, you are automaticly exempt on work duties

Exemption to drive a probationary prohibited vehicle

1. Automatic Exemption

The Road Safety (Drivers) Regulations 2009, automatically exempt a probationary driver, from the probationary prohibited vehicle restrictions, who is driving the vehicle in the course of his or her employment and at his or her employer’s request or is self employed and an Australian Business Number (ABN) is in force in relation to the person's business. No exemption document is required from VicRoads in these circumstances. However, the onus is on the driver to provide evidence to the police if requested.

A person is not permitted to drive the vehicle at any time for social reasons or reasons unrelated to work. In these cases the onus is upon the driver to provide evidence to the police that his or her driving is work connected.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Get your dad to drive it.

RedBull77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY VC VK
I'm now starting to wonder if I remove two spark plug leads on my V6 and drive on four, can I tell motor reg that I drive a 4cylinder and get cheaper rego? lmao J/k