Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

surging idle

Kanothbi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy acclaim
Hi,

I have a weird issue with my idle ecotec v6. When it's cold without aircon everything is fine. Once the aircon is on the idle surges similar to a mild cam. Once the engine is warm and on a hot day the same occurs with or without the aircon but is worse with the aircon still.

Originally thought it might be the IAC or PCV both have been changed. Throttle body cleaned and all vacuum lines checked for leaks and ok, the purge line even replaced when i did the IAC.
The plugs and leads have recently been done too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
Hi,

I have a weird issue with my idle ecotec v6. When it's cold without aircon everything is fine. Once the aircon is on the idle surges similar to a mild cam. Once the engine is warm and on a hot day the same occurs with or without the aircon but is worse with the aircon still.

Originally thought it might be the IAC or PCV both have been changed. Throttle body cleaned and all vacuum lines checked for leaks and ok, the purge line even replaced when i did the IAC.
The plugs and leads have recently been done too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did you ever find out the issue?