Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

surging revs after installing a new memcal?

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
hey so ive just installed a new memcal into my vp, but it feels like there is a bloody stage 2 cam in it now lol, when cruising the car lunges forward, then holds back, then lunges forward, then holds back, then lunges forward, then holds back. i also noticed the temp guage sits a fair bit higher than it used to before i installed the new memcal. i thought maybe i hadnt installed it properly so as a test i took the memcal out all together to see what happened but it just made the car not want to start at all, so the memcal must be connected ok because it starts fine when i put the memcal back in? i also tried putting the old one back in and the car goes good again, just goes **** when i swap it back over to the new memcal. it is particularly really bad at low speeds and idling at traffic lights, seems like its about to stall when idling. i also tried resetting the ecu by disconnecting the battery for about half an hour but that didnt help. is there such thing as a dud memcal? lol

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Has the tune on the memcal been modified,or is it just a standard second hand one?

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Yeah mate its a modified one from delcowizzid

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
is that the one i sent there must be a major problem on the chip LOL ill fry up another one for you and fastpost it

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
yeah thats the one lol ill send this one back to you asap too :thumbsup: cheers mate

Rowenb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Anyone who has changed they're memcal upgraded to a larger throttle body? I have a crow cams memcal installed and waiting for the TB in the post. Also have a decent exaust and extractors (but still haven't got around to buyin a high flow cat), cold air and K&N, MSD coilsand platinum plugs. When i brought the memcal the bloke told me to upgrade exaust, throttle body, filter and run 98ron.
After these bolt ons i'm hopin it'll boogie and run better, can anyone with these mods comment on the setup?

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
hey mate ive had all of what you have minus msd ignition and didnt notice any gain in performance, only better throttle response but no difference at full throttle. I also found that 95 octane fuel seemed to go better than 98. Just my opinions bud, good luck :thumbsup:

Rowenb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Yeah i know i'm wasting money on a piece of ****, i'm blaming ebay.