Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 2016 sun damage dashboard how can i fix???

Harry24

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6
Hello
I have SV6 2016 series 2 commodore it’s dashboard is damaged from one side. I have attached the pictures as well along with this message. Could you please let me know how it can be fixed and if it can be fixed where can I get if fixed. Please let me know. Hope forward to hear from you soon. Thanks

Attachments

• B98F8424-D280-48D3-B513-CB201AD56AB5.jpeg
    B98F8424-D280-48D3-B513-CB201AD56AB5.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 570
  • 3778B3B8-8594-4253-BE0E-68575557985B.jpeg
    3778B3B8-8594-4253-BE0E-68575557985B.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 439

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Ouch!!

I would suggest you check with some of the upholstery shops. If that doesn’t work out, then wreckers are your best bet.

Last edited:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
That panel only clips in place so could easily get 1 from a wrecker. To remove just grab the front edge and lift up starting on the corner. There is 3 clips across the front and 2 at the back with a hook locator also

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Yikes. And only for a 2016 car.

Should we be investing in dash mats?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Yikes. And only for a 2016 car.

Should we be investing in dash mats?

A dash mat was fitted to the VZ I had for the entire time of my ownership and never gave a problem. I fitted it chiefly because of the extreme glare, especially in the outback. Glare in the VF is a problem too, but nothing polarised sunglasses can't fix! The two dash mats bought for the VF interfered with the automatic lights pod at the top centre of the dash. Overall fit was good, but not precise. I also didn't 'warm' to the somewhat amateurish design of the demister vent cutout which I thought was nowhere near as precise as the black mat for the VZ. So...sold both dashmats in late April.

The VF windscreen has a UV film (SolarGuard) to provide some protection from prolonged sun exposure.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
A dash mat was fitted to the VZ I had for the entire time of my ownership and never gave a problem. I fitted it chiefly because of the extreme glare, especially in the outback. Glare in the VF is a problem too, but nothing polarised sunglasses can't fix! The two dash mats bought for the VF interfered with the automatic lights pod at the top centre of the dash. Overall fit was good, but not precise. I also didn't 'warm' to the somewhat amateurish design of the demister vent cutout which I thought was nowhere near as precise as the black mat for the VZ. So...sold both dashmats in late April.

The VF windscreen has a UV film (SolarGuard) to provide some protection from prolonged sun exposure.
Which brand did you buy for the VF? A few suppliers out there.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Which brand did you buy for the VF? A few suppliers out there.

First one was SCA (SuperCheap); major problem was obstruction of dome sensor and lack of accuracy in fitting around the raised pad on the top of dashboard.

Second one was FitMyCar; slightly better, but again 'bubbled' around the dome sensor and the cut out for the windscreen demister didn't sit well with me from a design and accuracy point of view.

Both also slipped around even with the supplied velcro attachments. The dash surface must be locally cleaned with IPA before using the velcro, but prolonged heat will weaken the adhesive and the dashmat will begin to 'wander'.

There are probably other mats out there (Holden's own??). The VF has lots of curves, slopes and overlaps on the dash, so dashmats are a challenge to design with precision fit. In any case, I do not park in blistering hot sun, nor drive in it (tell you what, you go driving around in the infernal heat of central Australia in November and you'll need hospitalisation for dehydration and heat stroke, never mind about how modded up the car is.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca