Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 dyno results

tommytt22

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Most of the dyno threads for sv6 are a few years old so i thought I'd post a recent update. Got my 2011 sv6 tuned at Brisbane tuning and turbo for $880, very happy with how it turned out so far.

I had like 10 error codes or something, most of them thanks to me installing high flow cats and an OTR which was messing up my oxygen sensors and fuel ratios.

*Cough* There may have also been a timing chain code o_O *Cough* ...but he turned that one off and it didn't come back on thank god

my fuel economy had been 15+L/100km thanks to dodgy fuel ratios but they leaned it out and it was 10.1L/100km on the way home which was awesome.

IMG_5174 copy.jpg

I think the best part is that peak torque has moved from 4900rpm to 3400rpm, really makes overtaking effortless.

List of mods are
Full 2.5 inch hurricane exhaust
Orssom OTR
25 mm manifold insulator
12 mm plenum spacer
20% underdrive pulley

Last edited:

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
pretty rare that a timing chain can stretch on the LLT (series 1.5) and especially the LFX (series 2)
Not saying they don’t, some do if they haven’t been looked after in terms of good service history and or constant thrashing. HY7 engine in the series 1, yep they got big problems with chains.

Given yours is a 2011, it could have either engine as 2011 was the cross over between series 1 and 2.

Just food for thought

tommytt22

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Mines an LLT, the code was probably just because the other issues were making the car's eco go a bit haywire.

Besides if it was stretched it wouldnt be driving anywhere near as good as it does