Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Sv6 Not Engine Braking/ Cutting Fuel off Throttle

ZM1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have a series 1 manual VE sv6, have an otr, full exhaust (headers back), intake manifold spacer. Recently got dyno tuned.

I have noticed that it still does not cut fuel off throttle (wasn't doing it before, hence one of the reasons for tune).

During the Tune, I was told I may have an exhaust blockage such as collapsed cats, as I wasn't making what the tuner would have expected from my modifications. He suggested hollowing out my cats if that was the case. I did that, however the high flow cats were actually in perfect condition anyways. My car is still not engine braking at all, and I can see it will not cut fuel completely, only about 2L/ Hour when engine braking. I am also getting 18.1L p 100km, however I do many short 5 minute drives to and from work every week, however that is still higher than I would expect ( I would expect 15-16). I have spoken to some people who suggested a possible injector issue?

Thus I have just put in a bottle of injector cleaner, and I have grabbed some injectors from a wrecker which I will get cleaned at a mechanic if the injector cleaner does not work.

Any other suggestions on this issue? Is it simply an Sv6 thing that they will not cut fuel/ engine brake?

Thanks.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if it is not engine braking then it will not meet the requirements to cut fuel, i havnt looked at one to see what its looking for but if its there then its all tune related