Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Engine Warning Light

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Having exactly the same problem....engine warning signal and associated 'ding' ...aaargghh....thought it may be realted to my battery problem...but will certainly alert the service centre to what you/your service centre have eventually discovered here flyjoe...may save a lot of time for us too - thanks!!

Early VE ('06 Calais) too...maybe it's the '06 thing.......I knew getting the 'first' one would mean problems!!!...but I wanted the new VE :(

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
It's the only issue I've had, I have no battery or mechanical issues, just this engine warning, which is now rectified. Happy camper again, and loving the VE. Hopefully your issue is just something small too Passion Red.

Speed16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Passion Red, I got the '06 Calais V and I had the 'Contact Dealer' come up on the screen. Took it to Holden and after connecting the Tech2 said that 2 of the computer systems reported low voltage. They tested all the various points for voltage leakage but came up empty, battery also tested fine. They said they installed some new software and its been perfect ever since. The software update they said shortened the time certain services were running for when I got out of the car.

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
aaahhhhhhhh, thanks Speed..... if you saw my battery thread...that might make sense for me.
The RACV guy told me to always lock the car ( in the garage)....and avoid opening the doors until I get a new battery...opening the door sets off a sequence of 'electrics' that takes 16 minutes to cycle and shut down....so sounds similar to what you are saying.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/134229-ve-battery.html

dimsimnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Z SERIES
Having exactly the same problem....engine warning signal and associated 'ding' ...aaargghh....thought it may be realted to my battery problem...but will certainly alert the service centre to what you/your service centre have eventually discovered here flyjoe...may save a lot of time for us too - thanks!!

Early VE ('06 Calais) too...maybe it's the '06 thing.......I knew getting the 'first' one would mean problems!!!...but I wanted the new VE :(

Hey Passion, did you manage to get your Engine Warning ding fixed? Can you tell us what the problem was please. Thanks.