Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 owners - want an alloy spare??

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I was under the impression some 17" sets came with a 17" space-saver spare? Ugly as sin, but do the job.

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
What a bloody good idea.

Just a quick question will a SV6 alloy with tyre actually fit into the wheel-well?

My spare is the crappy 15" tyre with 205 rubber fitted.

Much to my disgust I scraped my front left a couple of weeks back on a high curb in a car-park and will replace the rim when I do the tyres.

My local Holden dealer is quoting $250 for an SV6 rim is that about the going rate??

cheers

Tom

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Guys - sorry I've been a bit quiet, had a few things goin' on...

Hmmmm - first thing - a couple of big bills that I wasn't counting on have buggered me up a little, so I'm not able to afford it at the moment.

As for whether it'll fit - I'm not certain, but even if it does sit up just a bit it wouldn't be too hard to use a piece of MDF the right thickness to space the floor up as much as needed. I'll bet it would onlt be a few mm.

The spare at the moment isn't a "space saver" one thank Christ, but it's just a standard 15" steel rim, 205 tyre. My VT-II had a 16" alloy and a Bridgestone 225 tyre - same as the other four. Now, if the spare tyre well is the same depth in the VZ, then even with the 235 tyre the maximum height the floor would have to be lifted is 10mm. Hmmm, should go out to the boot with a straightedge and check, huh?? ;)

I'll do just that......

EDIT - Troy - have an idea for you. PM to follow.....

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Pending the price im up for 1 or 2, Managed to gutter one something hardcore :(
****ing traction control piece of ****.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
twb1979 said:
What a bloody good idea.

Just a quick question will a SV6 alloy with tyre actually fit into the wheel-well?

My spare is the crappy 15" tyre with 205 rubber fitted.

Much to my disgust I scraped my front left a couple of weeks back on a high curb in a car-park and will replace the rim when I do the tyres.

My local Holden dealer is quoting $250 for an SV6 rim is that about the going rate??

cheers

Tom

Tom,

take your wheel to Alliance Rim Repair in Ozzy Park, they should be able to fix your rim nicely..... Don't go buying a new one if it scratched or abit of gutter rash

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
ado dotr rto a ro mah gimeeeisim rosp o too maxc las lo laa la low lew dot dot

Just_Ice

Reaction score
You drunk again Mike