Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 Problems: trouble starting

scottyp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Commodore sv6
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help, For the past 2 weeks I have had trouble starting my car. For a few months now it would randomly cut out when I first started it but soon as i turned it back on, it would start straight away and from then on be fine for a while. 2 weeks ago though it did this again and this time when I went to start it. It just kept cranking over after a few attempts I left it for 10 minutes then went back to it and it started straight away no issue from then on out it has continually happen more and more often at times taking alot more cranks and attempt to get it started. Sometime I could attempt to start 4/6 and let it crank again and again and again before it finally starts though I have found if I leave it for 15 minutes and come back to it, it usually takes less to get it going again. Though with that said once it is started, it runs fine as far I can tell, it has never cut out while idling in traffic or anything along them lines.

I took it to a Mechanic on Friday and he attached the Diagnostic Scanner but unfortunately he had never seen one of the fault codes that appeared before but once he cleared them, the car start first go without issue, and then he left it running and repeated it again and then it started again the first time. So he told me that clearing it, may have fixed whatever the issue was but if he doesn't i would have to bring it back for a deeper inspection (which is going to potentially cost a fair bit depending on whether he able to find out what wrong with it).So I left the mechanic I had to stop at the shops when i went back to the car it did it random cut out like I stated above but this time it started back up straight away like it use, this did it a few more times until about saturday night when the issue started up again where the car would just keep cranking and cranking before it started.

So I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this issue? and could give me help/advice to as what is wrong with it. I have posted the fault codes he recieved below and apologises If I have gone into too much detail and dragged this out, I figure it would be better to type everything then to not give enough information.

U0153- Can Bus comm
p1013- Inhale Cam shaft
P1629 Immobliser Fuel Enable Signal Not Received
P1632 Immobliser Fuel Disable Signal Received

Regards

Scott

KevinV

Kev
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6 Commodore
Try This link for a pdf file on fault codes and use the pdf view to find the code but it wont give You much more info than what you have.

scottyp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Commodore sv6

Hey Thanks for the link, as you said unfortunately it doesn't give me much more info as I've had. I've had a google search of the first code and according to the forums and links i found out, they said this fault can essentially be ignored as it not an issue but i was unable to find anything on the last 3 and was kinda hoping to find more info on them. Unfortunately I don't know much about cars but if they mean what i think they mean the last 3 don't sound like good news

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Sounds almost like an ecu possible problem. If it does the fault with the car, when at the mechanic, get them to do a computer presence check