Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 VE Sidi Ute - about time i shared :)

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hey SV6SidiUTE,

I am basically very interested in doing what you have already done but I am unsure at present time if it actually voids the new car warranty or anything? I basically am looking at redoing the entire exaust system including extractors and also lowering it,

did you check if it voided ur warranty or if any coniditions applied etc? also can I ask how it handles with the new suspension in it now that it is lower? is it a rougher ride now? also how did you lower it, i am currently lookin at pedders lowest ones, as the only other one to choose from i don't think looks that much differet.

and it loooks like a very nice ute man, it's basically same as my sedan except a ute lol

Regards,
Samuel

Last edited:

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
hey big fella. i think i was talking to you when you were thinking about getting your exhaust.
how did it turn out?
engine light on?
nice to see your ride, looks nice. reminds me of mine lol

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
You got your Ute lowered at dealership didn't you? How much did they lower it?? and how much did they charge you if you dont mind?

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
ssamuel: sorry dude i didn't see your post on here, yeah replied in the other post.

maccas90: possibly, not sure. Heh, yeha the light is on. it's been on for two weeks lol. It's more of a nuisance than anything else, i will try and get rid of it next week. Overall I am very pleased with the result, it pulls harder at low-mids especially, and I can actually hear the engine growl rather than purr while accelerating. In idle she's very quiet, but still gets that lumpy low rumble :). Just got to fix up a few leaks. But yeah overall very happy. I would recommend the work. I got rid of the old mufflers to another fella off here SV6SIDI, he loves them :) .

brownie82: yeah i did. they charged me 700 . Got the car serviced, asked about the lowering, they showed it to me and checked availability, said they would cover any problems if they do occur, and presto. From memmory it dropped at the back around 40-50mm. The front didn't drop as much, about 30 i'd say. It is still legal, but you will find that there will be an occasional speed hump or two that will make your guts twist by scraping your exhaust.

Poison Ivy MY10ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10SSV Sedan
nice ute mate
definitely better debadged (just did mine, bit of dental floss, some elastaplast remover and 3min later hey presto)
lower is definitely better.... I had mine walkinshaw lowered (about 1.75") which is a bit too conservative for my liking, needed to go another inch... one for later I guess..