Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Svs Not oil pressure sensor

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
did he fit genuine sensor or ebay special

Butchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
He fit a aftermarket but one he uses frequently for holdens without a issue, I reset throttle body (I think from what I’ve seen on here?) and battery is new just replaced it, I’ll look at the maf & oil contamination cheers mate

Butchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Hey all, just thought I’d update the everyone Incase anyone else has the same issue. Car was sent back to Holden & it Turned out to be the ambient temp sensor that caused the service vehicle soon, who’d thought, thanks everyone for your help she’s all sorted now! No more annoying beeping!!

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
Hey all im a newbie here,

I’ve got the service vehicle soon message come up on my 2012 ve sv6 z series. I’ve taken it to the mechanic and he had a scan & look over & the oil pressure sensor fault came up, so he has replaced it to a new one(good brand one he’s used multiple times) but I am still getting the service vehicle soon warning. He has cleared all faults and reset the system but still won’t go away? I’ve tried looking through threads on here but all I can seem to find is the oil sensor. Has anyone got any ideas on what else to look for or what it could be? Battery volts are a bit down (11.9V) according to the computer, could that maybe be it? Not sure what else to look for.

Cheers all, any help would be appreciated
Hi how did you go with this problem as I have the same svs and can't get rid of it just been serviced please let me know if possible

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
Hey mate, it ended up being the ambient temp sensor, all sorted after that was replaced, maybe have a look into that
Hey how you going I would say your right the ambient temperature sensor when I press ext temp it gives all out of range readings then goes blank the service reminder was ok thismorning then came on again so I pressed the ext temp and was just blank so I'd say definitely the prob may I ask was it an expensive fix please if you could let me know