Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swap out different type of BCM from donor car

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have a Commodore VS 1995 and a Commodore VS 1996 and the 1996 one has a 150 LOW BCM that is faulty but the 1995 car has a 147 LUX BCM that works great so I would like to swap them around, I know the rule of the numbers and Low/Med/Hi/Lux have to match but what about if I swap the ECU and PCM aswell? Will that work? Mainly what would it take to swap them and have one good working as I dont need the 1995 car.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
ECU doesn't need to be swapped for this in a VS, the ECU has nothing to do with the level functions of the BCM, it's just concerned with running the engine. They keys are paired with their respective BCM, so all you need is the keyhead which will either mean a barrel change, or you can risk cracking the remotes open to swap the keyblade around.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Um the blades are screwed into the fob....you just undo two tiny screws..Im not sure but there are wire harness differences between the different level BCM's. I have nfi if a low harness will plug into a high without issues