Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

System Check = Check Powertrain?

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
Every now and then, usually from a cold start, when my 04 exec does its system check it comes up saying check Powertrain and when I put my foot down the car dies. Anyone know any possible causes and fixes?
Cheers, Ryan

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Getting it scanned for DTC's would be a good start

Tro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive - VF SS
almost any cheap OBD2 on Ebay should work
I got this one: Mini Auto CAR V1 5 ELM327 OBD2 Odbii Bluetooth CAN BUS Scanner Tool Android | eBay
Mini Auto CAR V1 5 ELM327 OBD2 Odbii Bluetooth CAN BUS Scanner Tool Android | eBay

Cant remember where from but about the same price

Pulls codes etc, however to get the best out of it, I use about 3 different apps on an android tablet (they all do different things, some read better, some clear codes etc)

Tro

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Yea ive got the phone apps with the bluetooth stuff and its good for on the run monitoring and OH **** diagnostics when your stuck.

But the custom made software works alot better and get alot more data out of it since its actually made for commodores.

The problem your gonna have with the bluetooth phone apps is that all the OBDII software wont have the protocols for a VZ V6, they only work for the v8s because most of the stuff is the same for the corvettes is programmed into it, never seen a phone app that works properly with the alloytec.