Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T5 gearbox

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
hey all

I just want to know how much power a T5 could take before it destroys itself. because i plan to stroke my 304 to a 355 estimate about 440 horse's with similar torque. think it could handle that??

Cheers

It all depends how good you are at driving stick, and how you plan to treat it. I thrash the living hell out of my T5, but I rev-match and go a bit easier 1st-2nd when I'm giving it cheek, and it looks after me.

On the other hand, if you plan to flat-shift and clutch-kick, I daresay you won't see more than a few months' use out of it if you're lucky :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Any update on T5s ? I keep destroying mine and im only making 160 with a cussion button clutch. I rev match alot but some of my mates who have had to drive the car are hopeless

Get a T56. T5s are useless.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
What's required to be modified in order to run a T56 ?

Mal Wood sell a kit where nothing needs to be modded (except maybe bashing the trans tunnel out abit, its abit of a snug fit)

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Mal Wood sell a kit where nothing needs to be modded (except maybe bashing the trans tunnel out abit, its abit of a snug fit)

Where do i purchase the kit from and do you know the price by any chance? Not sure who that is ..

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Its about 5 ot 6k for a t56 conversion… Was gonna do this a while ago and quoted it and worked out everything you need would add up to about $2500 minus the t56 and labor…