Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it possible to Frankenstein a ford t5 to suit a holden t5

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
Just wondering if you could possibly put a ford falcon t5 into a Holden. I know the bell housing, tailshaft and input shaft are different. But is it possible to use parts from my current t5 and use the falcons gears and sync syncros. Since it's the better T5 being the world class one.

Or is there a company or an upgrade kit that any of you guys recommend I need to increase the torque rating. I've already had to pull my t5 apart before since 4th gear went bang. Thanks in advance

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Please ensure when posting new threads they are posted in the correct area, the showcase section is not for technical threads.

Thread moved.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Since it's the better T5 being the world class one.
Unless you've been through the ID process, I've been led to believe in the past all Commodore T5s (at least from the VN onwards) are World Class. The one WC list I've looked at briefly doesn't mention Falcons or Commodores, so IDK.

A few threads around, you'll need to search here to dig them up from the past though. It's possible, but a lot of effort, particularly if you can't strip down a gearbox.

Last edited: