Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tail lights spray tint legal?

PoLyBoii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
My friend gave me his can of VHT Nite-Shade spray tint for tail lights, and I've been told they're illegal.
Is this true? Because my friend has had his tail lights tinted on his VY for quite a while now (been a good 6 months or so) and has never been picked up. We've driven past police a number of times and nothing has happened.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Yes they're illegal.

PoLyBoii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
is there a reason why they're illegal?

Cosmosis

Space Cadet
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Because the light emitted needs to be seen a certain distance away. By applying tint, you changing the light emitted. so the light is now duller. dont apply the tint. it might look good, but its not so good for the people driving behind you during the day

PoLyBoii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
i might take the risk just for the looks, but might only apply 2 layers. then if i get picked up ill play dumb. ;)

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i might take the risk just for the looks, but might only apply 2 layers. then if i get picked up ill play dumb. ;)

Will u play Dumb too when insurance doesn't pay out when u get hit up the arse ?

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Tinted tail lights don't look good. They look like ****. People will laugh at you.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute

1 coat is more than enough, and if you really want to do it get higher wattage globes for the rest of us.

I'll be honest I bought some VHT nightshade, but I decided to never put it on.. To much police attention + No insurance.. well if you tell insurance they'll still payout but you'll pay more per year for it.. Yes it's true, there was a car with BLACK taillights when i was getting mine checked from an accident, they said as long as it's on your policy it's fine...

Cosmosis

Space Cadet
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
1 coat is more than enough, and if you really want to do it get higher wattage globes for the rest of us.

I'll be honest I bought some VHT nightshade, but I decided to never put it on.. To much police attention + No insurance.. well if you tell insurance they'll still payout but you'll pay more per year for it.. Yes it's true, there was a car with BLACK taillights when i was getting mine checked from an accident, they said as long as it's on your policy it's fine...

Thats what they tell you, But when it comes time to make a claim, they can turn around and say well your car doesnt comply so we wont cover the damage... same goes for lowering a car, or putting bigger wheels on... the insurance company can say no we wont cover it as it doesnt comply with regulations

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67

Playing dumb doesn't cut it when someone rear ends you because they cant see your tail lights properly. A

Don't do it mate its pretty close the dumbest sh!t you can do to a car. Have a think about brake lights, what they do, and why cars have them and then decide if its still a good idea to darken them just to make you look "sik"