Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tank Size?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Might come as a dumb Question but this is starting to bug me a little.
I don't believe i have the Standard 63LT Tank. But i don't know what it is, the previous owner changed it, But being a 24/7 swigger he really can't remember much of it.
It has a bloody big inward dint under it, And some little ones, Packs in no less then 67-68LT's Per full tank with maybe 4-6LT's in it. and has done a max of 72LT's struggling to the servo. It doesn't really kick to warn when filling, My sisters car has a 63 litre tank and it takes no more then 64LT.
I know it's not a 80LT that seems to big, But when i had my exhaust muffler fitted a VP Series 1 V6 came in up on the hoist next to myn, I was looking at it under the rear and the tank shapes are slightly different. I have only known of 2 tank sizes for the V6's and V8's and thats 63LT and 80LT.
Anyone have a idea to the size at all maybe a marking on it somewhere i can get under and look?.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i'd say you have got a 80 liter tank... a big dent could take the space of a few liters... only way to be sure would be to syphon out what you can then take out the drain bung, drain it dry then measure the fuel before putting it back in then go to servo and fill up...

VP Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Wagon
They look bigger and i'm pretty sure they had an extra strap

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
You can tell the difference straight away by looking at it. The 80 litre tank is much deeper than the 63. The shape of the bottom is exactly the same just deeper. They dont have any more straps, just the 2 straps as per normal.

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
There is also a 85 litre long range tank. This was by special order. 80 litres were in v8 only.