Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tappets???

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yeah. I've got my heart set on a VS berlina, so I will keep shopping around until I find just the right one!!!!!

btw Nice car Dragz, but not for me.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
ouch, how long ago?

well it was 7500 but it'll be 8000 after the intrest in the finance.
got it july 18th in '05 but it goes alright and the interior is in good nick, probably my only complaint is rear bumper is banged up a little but i dont mind it not like i spend time staring at my cars ass.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
yeh mate it's definately not your tappets. your car ain't that old. it mite just be your timing belt. a mates car was doing that and his dad just sprayed some stuff onto the belt and it fixed it. wouldn't have a clue what he sprayed on though...

mick123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Hey mate u don't have tappets in a vs 6. You have hydraulic lifters which will most likely be the noise ur hearing if it's noisy when its cold then go's away under high revs. Just buy a 5.0l vn

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You can tip some 'lifter free' (called something like that) in with the oil. Will free the lifters and stop them clicking. Made just for that job.