Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TC ON or OFF

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Hey guys

iv just had my car cammed now pulling 330rwkw (manual).. im planning to take it down the strips to see what it can really do.. Anyways iv taken it out on back roads and done a quick test (TC on).. taken off around 2500 clutch out foot down iv noticed there's lag than she goes than once in 2nd and 3rd I also feel little lag (bogging).. is that the TC working?

would it be safe to use higher rpm (3500) when taken off than feather the throttle?

iv been reading that I should have my TC off and feather the accelerator that way I should not feel that bogging and get full power down?? sorry guys is this my first mod car

stupid question what times could I expect for a 330rwkw 1/4 mile? I no theres a lot of factors to think about (my driving skill, tyres etc)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Times depend on driver and track condition.
More likely someone will tell you what mph you should cross the line at, and then you can work backwards to predict what 1/4 mile time you could possibly do given ideal driver/track conditions.

Just have fun and try to go faster on each pass. You'll get addicted

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
My traction control is average at coping with 250rwkw.

Lots of things influence the 1/4 mile times. I'm no expert by any means only been twice but on street tyres it can be tricky to launch. Lowering tyre pressure can help to say 25psi. Also loading the car up on the handbrake while feathering the throttle will help absorb the initial shock of the launch.
I was able to eek out a 1.6sec 60foot time in another car on (good) street tyres so it is possible.

Goodluck

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I'd suggest trying it again with the traction control off and see how u go

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Dropping the clutch at 3500rpm with 330rwkw and no traction control will wheel doing a lot.

Saw a VE Senator that sounded stock run 8.7sec over a 1/8 mile on the weekend.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Dropping the clutch at 3500rpm with 330rwkw and no traction control will wheel doing a lot.

Saw a VE Senator that sounded stock run 8.7sec over a 1/8 mile on the weekend.

8.7 over 1/8?

so what mid 13's over the 1/4?

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
hey guys..

I went for a quick run against me mate srt 6.4hemi fully stock auto. don't worry it was not on public road.. Any ways with my car at 330rwk thinking this will be a easy race well guess what, he bet me :( (good fun).. I took off with TC on and as I was getting at high speed my esp light would pop up is that cutting my power down? and wen I take off on first with TC with high revs (2500) and clutch out revs fully die down is that the TC working meaning cutting my wheel spin (fuel, power)..

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
Well those have launch control i believe, maybe that and a few crap gear changes and there you go lost, cant see you getting beat with that power in a drag they are a heavy car.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
If it indeed has 330rwkw should run 190kph/ 118 mph. 12.2-12.5 time

If you don't have much 1/4 experience time will be slower but MPH will change very little