Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Telemarketers - I got THEIR NUMBER!!

What should I do?

• Ring them heaps

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Give out the number so we all can get pay back?

Votes: 68 81.0%
  • Forget about it?

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
ring them up if it's a local call and leave your phone off the hook so they can't use the line :)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ive found telstra very accomodating with these wackos. there is no point calling them back. chances are its a call centre and wont connect you to anyone.
youll be hard pushed to get the person who called you again.

most companies not use a computer to dial, when they have a person ready they grab the call and talk to you, if they dont have a person ready it simply hangs up on you, hence the reason you get alot of blank hang-ups.

we were getting up to 2 a day, we got a trace put on by telstra. it was about $5 for the month. when they rang all we had to to was answer it and if it hangs up (or they talk for that matter) keep the phone off the hook, connected to the caller for about 5 mins. give telstra a quick call with the exact time and details of the call tehn they look up the number. in our case they traced it to a telemarketer. they wont give you the number but can have your number removed from the telemarketing companies call list. legally, and they wont call back. we were lucky it was only one call centre calling, and we caught them out. $5 well spent i reckon.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i really liked the add on tv where the woman answers the phone and say, " please leave your message after the beep then hold the phone near the microwave and presses a button and makes the microwave beep..... then hangs up..

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
A friend mine always says "Do you MIND! I was in the middle of having sex!"

Another said she once asked the caller if he knew of any good ways to dispose of a dead body LMAO.

sts71

Reaction score
my fav is to say hangon Ill get the guy who lives here and put the handset on the tv for noise or leave it on the coffee table, and leave it there till the next ad on tv

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i told dad off today for not getting the telemarketer to spell everything. he thought it was funny.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i had a mate who always answered the phone to everyone who called him ...... " Brisebane City Morgue here, you kill 'em we chill 'em " ..... most people thought they had dialled a wrong number.....

C

carzee

Look people, treat these telemarketer calls as an opportunity -don't waste it! Get cool and chatty and be nice. Ask them to describe what they're wearing and breathe deep...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
My old man got a call the other week and he did a really really poor fake indian accent back to them, nooo thunk yooooo very much vindalooo my curry is burning .. went on like that for ages.

I just put the phone down - Don't hang up, just let it sit there. I used to be courteous, even the slightest bit nice to them. Now I'm just irritated. What started it was the other day I answered the phone and I was on hold. About 3 minutes later, some guy says Hello. I just laughed at him and put the phone on the table, turned the music up and walked away.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
HoZy said:
hehe

I've told them i'm just about to go out can i have their number an i'd call them back, I've got there number sittin on my deask lol. Stupid idiot handed it out, probably like $6p/min lol

Cheers
MaT

Hate to tell you mate;

Telemarketers are BY LAW not allowed to give out the phone number of the telemarketing company. The only thing we can do is tell you the name of our employer.

Telemarketing companies are actually employed by certain companies, for example AGL (I am a telemarketer myself..) if someone says the above "im about to go out, whats your number..." We by law have to give you the phone number for AGL - 131 245.

And the pay.. it's bloody good, $17.25/hour PLUS commission!
not much to laugh at :p