Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Telemarketers - I got THEIR NUMBER!!

What should I do?

• Ring them heaps

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Give out the number so we all can get pay back?

Votes: 68 81.0%
  • Forget about it?

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
yer im not racist but i realised those people calling from india and pakistan or where ever r extremely rude...the ones who r in australia (even eastern states for perth and vice versa) r a lot nicer.

i mean FFS...get a real job!! :D

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
im gonna have a bit of a rant at that last comment,

Telemarketing is as much of a real job as any other out there. Myself being a normal human being, I have bills to pay, and I need to put food in front of me at the end of the day, so do you, I work as a telemarketer to do so. I don't see what telemarketing is to be a "fake job" it's EARNING legitimate (taxed) money..

Whenever someone comes up to me or says to me "get a real job", my responce is always:

Would you rather me:
A) sitting on the phones all day, putting up with **** customers everyday bitching about phone calls and possibly bad service and goign home stressed..

OR

B) Sitting on my couch, watching foxtel, sipping a bear, sucking down a cigarette that you lovely taxpayers have payed for, because im living it up on the dole?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
It's not necessarily a "side" to take being like a dark side and a better side, it's a job, I have to pay bills and eat myself, and it's a well paying job. Anyone who says "telemarketing isn't a real job" I invite them to meet my requirements for a day - sounds like nothing but I am actually required to meet a k.p.i = key performance indicat(er)ion of 5 sales a day, or if you want to be confused and me to get technical, 0.65 sales an hour.

this whole week we have been sifting through **** data, and been helping out newly recruited call agents, my whole TEAM only got 0.30 sales on Tuesday, and today as a whole, I made 1 sale. I'm not even classed as new anymore, im supposed to be an experienced salesperson in this field.

SO to prove a point, anyone who says telemarketing is easy/not real work, they can come to my office, my desk, join my campaign ("easy sales") and hit 5 sales for 7.25 hours.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Maybe what people are getting at is not so much get a real job but get a job that isn't so f%^&ing annoying to the rest of the public. Trent do you ever worry about your job, like are you concerned that you will be replaced with a computer? I got a call the other night 7 o'clockish, pre recorded message "Hello this call is important to us please hold the line and someone will be with you shortly" so I hung up, then it called back 6 times. Talk about bloody rude.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah, I do indeed. But at the moment, I am living it up. I admit, if I get a rude salesperson on the phone, I'll ask to speak to their manager or whatever, and once I do, I get information on how to make formal complaints.