Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] Tell me why my dyno sheet is wrong

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Seems good power to me, must be a good engine.

Stock eco's exhaust, and tunes should make between 115-120 easily. Personally, a few years ago, i had gone thru 3 different ecotecs in the same car (stock internally) and they all passed 120rwkw with exhaust and tune.

Mates VY just got tuned the other day. Big pacies, twin cats, twin 2- 1/4 exhaust, 3.7's. Made 128kw. His running gear is immacutate condition, car hasn't been driven very hard at all

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
oh yea, forgot yours is a buick... still, i have seen some but impressive numbers before with good efficiency mods. yours is auto or man?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
but EVERYONE knows you can't trust a torque readout on a chassis dyno. It's only there to see how smooth / peaky it is.

lol divide the number by your diff ratio and you have engine torque... dunno how the motive force readout works tho

i had my ute dynoed and the motive force was like 1350 nm..... pretty sure that is telling me big fat porkie pies cos that would be wheelspin in every gear at any speed :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
From the other results on the day this dyno is either harsh or spot on, 2 manual 5 litres with exhaust's pulling around 170 rwhp is definatly not a happy dyno and was done at a very famous shop. I don't know why the engine made so much power and I doubt the tune was worth much more than a handfull but I'm sure the result is legit but very big numbers for a auto V6. I don't think Sam mentioned but he had two runs on the dyno, one to 5200 and it made 160rwhp but was still climbing, the operator was suprised and ask if he wanted him to take it to the limiter, which it where it made 167

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
could of been like my vp tho... that thing went hard for a 300,000 km clapped out v6...
tune of course but stock apart from that

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I did a power run on the gtech with no charger and just the zorst and no tune in it made consistent 120rwkw that was putting in the weight of the car and i have had it weighed and the weight would have been around 5kg either way to be spot on but thats going off the gtech, it does seem high and is a fresh engine but i think it should be around there, my limiter was stock off the old tacho dash shifting at 5g