Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temp Gauge !!!!?

Turbo_dreams

MYVTSS98
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0
Hay guys/Girls just bought a VN today with all the Extras ,calais interior ,extractors, kinkg springs and a power chip , very happy with car although up on driving the car home the temp gauge when up to 3 bars and almost into the red,i pulled over and opened the hood ,no leaks of any kind, remembering that i had put the stereo on just before the car almost overheated, so i turned the stereo and the car off and then on again i had normal temp, so im drivin again and it goes up to 3 bars for a second and back down to 1 bar,it has done it a couple of times sine, but any pointers guys/girls on a fix????????:thumbsup:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Is it a Executive with Level 3 dash? Might have some wires not 100% right?.

Turbo_dreams

MYVTSS98
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0
yeah sorry got it wrong its not an executive must be a berlina i think any guess's:thumbsup:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
You didnt pick it up off a guy on ebay did you is it a V8 Berlina?

Number 1 thing that is wrong with these cars is they that many sensors, It could be anything it might only be a faulty cluster temp sensor??.

Turbo_dreams

MYVTSS98
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0
Also is there a certain area i should be lookin in towards finding a front bumper either a group A or arftermarket ETC......

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I was just looking the other day at a Berlina V8 very nice going for sale in Vic very cheap.

Is the Fan kicking in at all when the temp goes up maybe thermostat?

Turbo_dreams

MYVTSS98
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0
cool ill check so other than the chip is there any mods i can do to get her goin a bit more ,the car its self now goes great better than expeceted ,i though it would have been a thrashed piece of S### but for once it seems like its my lucky day.......

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Trust me good fast mods are everywhere here, Some mods don't cost a cent,
Have a little look in here and around http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20055&highlight=throttle+body+100%,
There is always someone with some cheap and pretty easy go fast tips.
Hope i helped in some way for you and it's all good, the last thing you need is to worry when you only just got the car, I have been there it's not fun:D. I'm only now starting to enjoy my car more.