Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tf rodeo drift truck

H

harrop.senator

This is my old one , it was bright lol.

IMG_20171014_142311_zpsol3zfyqq.jpg

IMG_20171015_100725_zpsjgdyqavl.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
You're more then welcome. When you do get the set up if you need a hand fitting it let me know , saw the Perth plates.
Haha i don't mind that green tho, was that a 2.6? Yeah awesome mate what a bloke! Your the first person that's had any idea haha, was starting to think maybe there's a reason.. all I know is that little motor is tough as nails so I reckon she will take it. **** I've got a Buick 3.8 in my backyard that I shot a piston and a half out the side of and she didn't have half the kms. I can't wait to hit powercruise and show them little datsuns what's up. Seeing as yah Perth side we probably goanna have to catch up for a beer anyway mate. Have you got pics of yah Senator up? Had a look at your profile but couldn't see anything.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm surprised you couldn't find anything to do with turboing a 2.6.....The Mitsubishi Cordia came from the factory with a 2.6 Astron Turboed motor...So perhaps do some research on that one... :)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I'm surprised you couldn't find anything to do with turboing a 2.6.....The Mitsubishi Cordia came from the factory with a 2.6 Astron Turboed motor...So perhaps do some research on that one... :)
No Mitsubishi gear in a Rodeo, the 2.6 (and the rest of the car) is an Isuzu.

Also, no Astron powered Cordia, and no factory turbo 2.6 Astron in any Mitsubshi for that matter - turbo Cordia engines were a 1.6 4G32 or a 1.8 4G62, both Sirius. 2l turbo Astron was in the Sigma though.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No Mitsubishi gear in a Rodeo, the 2.6 (and the rest of the car) is an Isuzu.

Also, no Astron powered Cordia, and no factory turbo 2.6 Astron in any Mitsubshi for that matter - turbo Cordia engines were a 1.6 4G32 or a 1.8 4G62, both Sirius. 2l turbo Astron was in the Sigma though.

Stuffed up...The Cordia came with the 1.8 turbo....

I'm aware no Mitsubishi gear is in the Rodeo, but was suggesting the engine capacity of 2.6 litre being identical, therefore the turbo on the 2.6 Mitsubishi engine being suitable for the 2.6 Rodeo engine.....

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
was suggesting the engine capacity of 2.6 litre being identical, therefore the turbo on the 2.6 Mitsubishi engine being suitable for the 2.6 Rodeo engine.....
Not really given it doesn't exist.

Even if a 2.6 turbo Astron did exist it would have an inefficient dinosaur turbo from the 80s - modern replacements of factory turbos are not resized so that you don't have to change tuning - that would be pretty pointless to use today, you'd net better results from modern China turbos, and probably somewhat reliable if you used something a Kinugawa. That and there would be heaps of better sizes to pick today anyway.

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

Kinugawa is Taiwanese big difference in manafacturing quality difference. I mean look at all the tools they're making.

I'll flick you some pics through at some point it's sitting with a suspension , brakes , re done interior , motor , box n bay needing paint.

Yeah I had the 2.6 , depends who's Datsun if the one in my shed has the haltech set up and the turbo back on you'd have to try pretty bloody hard ;)

Beers always sound good!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Kinugawa is Taiwanese big difference in manafacturing quality difference. I mean look at all the tools they're making.

I'll flick you some pics through at some point it's sitting with a suspension , brakes , re done interior , motor , box n bay needing paint.

Yeah I had the 2.6 , depends who's Datsun if the one in my shed has the haltech set up and the turbo back on you'd have to try pretty bloody hard ;)

Beers always sound good!
Hahaha **** what where the odds youd have a datto, you sound like a handy bloke to know. I know and old bloke with three datto utes out near Northam but won't part with em. Gotta couple picks here but there too big I'll cut em down a bit.

H

harrop.senator

Series 2 910 on the farm , series 1 resto for a mate and my 180b has rust works going on for six years haha.

My attention span and finishing things 100% isn't great but I'm working on it haha.

Reactions: Lex