Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Th400 to replace my 6L80E

DanSSVWagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Wagon
Hi guys,

I need to replace my 6l80e in my VE Wagon. I have gone on Summit Racing as i have been told by mates to go there as they're really good. Only thing is im useless as to when it comes to which gearbox to get. I want a TH400 with reverse pattern but still want to retain the Drive gear plus have manual option. Does anyone know which is the best box to buy?

Cheers Dan

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

DanSSVWagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Wagon
Yeah I figured I would get slugged hard by them. I'm currently in the process at contacting local builders.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
summit racing will charge you an arseload in postage. not to mention youll get slapped with 10% import duties. can i ask why you just dont get a local trans ship to build you something?
Mate got his glide from the states, was still cheaper with postage, etc than what the clowns wanted here for the same thing.

DanSSVWagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Wagon
Yeah that's why my mates get there stuff from the states. Supposedly heaps cheaper than buying from your own backyard. I might just look at getting a built 6L80E.. Supposedly they hold upto decent hp and some punishment.