Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When to replace internals?

unclenigelgunda

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Wagon
My 2013 VF Wagon has done 177k and I've already had to replace the O2 sensors as they were on their way out. Is anything else likely to need replacing before I modify the car or just send it?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Depends, there are parts that need replacement due to expiring lifespan (O2s, filters, files etc) and others only need replacement when faulty other electrical sensors and items.

regular maintenance is key for engine internals. How far modding are you planning on doing?
if your going blower than it won't hurt to check and freshen up some parts.

unclenigelgunda

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Wagon
Depends, there are parts that need replacement due to expiring lifespan (O2s, filters, files etc) and others only need replacement when faulty other electrical sensors and items.

regular maintenance is key for engine internals. How far modding are you planning on doing?
if your going blower than it won't hurt to check and freshen up some parts.
Was just gonna start with sinple HP increasing mods like a cat back over radiator intake and dyno tune, but am looking to potentially do turbo or super in the future. Unsure right now abt anything further than the turbo or super especially cuz its V6