Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thanks guys

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I am sorry that i have not reached the same education as the rest of you . I KNOW my spelling is not great but , i am just here asking for car advice from fellow holden lovers .
If you dont want to give me advice on my car please dont pick on my poor education all i would like is some simple input on my vechile .

Please if you feel the need to help to help me with my grammar puncuation spelling or any thing not related to my vechile please PM me and i promise i will get straight back to you

Well, this post shows you can do it. We're not picking on your grammar, we all try to help here on this forum but if you don't put in a bit of effort to start with, how can we help when your request can't be readily understood?

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
new and improved post is now up.
thank you very much danja .
I was thinking of going with 18's any opinions on style , They will be fitted on a white vq statesman .

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
well i did try in that post calaber i realy did i will try my hardest from now on .

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
well i did try in that post calaber i realy did i will try my hardest from now on .

That's the most we can ask for :)

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan

See what you can do when you try? Mate that is an excellent effort. Well done!! :thumbsup:

As Dan said, stay away from the 20" rims. 18's would look quite good on it I think. As for style of rim; Something with a nice deep dish would look pretty tough. They could be a bit hard to find these days though.
If your car is white, then you wouldn't want white wall tyres on it in my opinion. You need to have some sort of contrast to break up the whiteness.
Have a look on the Bob Jane T-Mart Website. They have a thing there that shows what a particular rim looks like on your vehicle. Check it out, you may find something that you really like.

Good luck with it anyway :thumbsup:

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
Yes the car is white ,for contrast i was thinking black wheels ?
the windows are also very dark , and also all the chrome is either new , or polished so that all looks very nice . The reason i would like to steer away from the 20's is , I just cant go low enough and have clearance , but yes i think 18's are the way to go as that would also be keeping it legal . One less possible defect .
While im in here does any body know where i could get my intercooler fitted i'd like to find somewhere that will handle the pipe work side of it to , thanks guys

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
No, No, No! Black would look S*#%house! I have seen a few Stato's with black wheels and they Look dirty, no matter how clean they are. Gold Tru-spokes look great on a Stato, but they are expensive to buy... if you can still get them.

Where abouts are you? It would help to know so that someone can advise you on where to have the intercooler fitted.

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
sorry how stupid , im in dandenong victoria .
And im not a fan of gold wheels

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
for wheels, get a set of WH grange wheels. They will suit your car nicely.
HERE That price is brand new etc..
BUT you do find people selling 2nd sets around.

As has been said, dont go big arse bling wheels, because they are getting done to death, and look shithouse.