Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thatotherguy's 95 VS Acclaim

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I got it done locally at kens exhaust in the Riverland, although I have heard good things about carline findon

Now that's a good thought....Have rellies in the riverland, so good excuse for a break :D....

No I'm not being scarcastic, just in case it comes across that way....Thank you for the information

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim, VS II Calais, HQ Premier
Since December I have basically attempted to fix issues with the car not running right, replaced intake manifold gasket, plugs, leads which fixed it for a short time. Probably about 3 weeks later it started making a clack clack noise at idle. Took it back to mechanics and was diagnosed with a bad lifter and rockers out of adjustment. Had rockers readjusted and some lifter additive and was told to keep an eye on it. Clack clack noise went away at first but came back not long after. Ended up just putting the car back in the garage and walked away for a bit. Ended up deciding to have a crack at the lifters myself and pulled the intake manifold off to find a stuffed lifter and cam which had been eaten into by said lifter. Have decided to take this as an opportunity to take the motor back out, fix some oil leaks and repaint the engine bay.
Have been collecting some new old stock parts for this as well thanks to a forum member which will go on when I eventually respray the outside. Have got 3 belt moulds and 2 gutter moulds, if anyone has a new RH rear calais belt mould they'd like to sell id be interested in buying.
6T3OD6l.jpg

xGwnXYw.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
great thread. awesome to see someone else do a V6 to 304 conversion. the devonish interior came really nice also. sorta cant believe you were able to find stuff like that and the console. that stuff is becoming rare as hell.

take plenty of the engine strip down

Mr. Brightside

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH 253 4 speed, 2006 VE SSV M6
Loving this thread, any updates? And did you end up putting the SS lip kit on?

Reaction score
Members Ride
No updates. Projects been pushed into the corner until I free up more time as I’m doing other projects. I didn’t end up fitting the ss kit but still have it if I decide to fit it in the future.

Reaction score
Members Ride
U gonna give the motor a freshen up mate?
Shouldn’t need much of a freshen up, just new cam & lifters and a gasket kit. Would probably be lucky to have 30,000k’s on it since the last freshen up

Reaction score
Members Ride
What cam ya gonna for?
Crane 276, probably about as big as I can go without needing stall converters and higher compression from my understanding