Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The all encompassing Climate Change/AGW Thread..

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
FOR THE LAST ####IN TIME YOU TWAT!!!! I AM NOT A DENIALIST!!!!

It implies ignorance and is therefore a personal attack. And if I get a ban for this I don't care. I won't continue to be part of a forum that you're part of anyway. Just means you will too as calling people DENIALISTS is as much a personal attack as calling someone a TWAT. Unless of course there's still double standards on the JC forum.

Argh! Nobody in my life has ever pissed me off as much as you Comsirac. You've been banned from EVERY forum I've seen you on and seem to do nothing but stir up trouble - and come back here with a new username and do EXACTLY THE SAME THING YOU DID LAST TIME. You contribute nothing of substance, believe in nonsense and your arrogance is off the charts. I will not see any more posts from you as I have changed my settings to hide you. I have enough **** to deal with every day with the incompetents at work to have to deal with an even bigger one here, where I try to come to relieve some stresses.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Also note that your graph shows periods of temperature reduction during periods of CO2 PPM increase. Explain that.
Firstly, its not my graph, its the same graph you will find anywhere that shows what is happening to temp and co2 levels, unless of course you take the one shown in the great global warming swindle which stopped at 1980.
The graph shows a correlation between temp and co2, that can be established statistically to a high confidence level without every small variation in co2 having to cause a likewise variation in temp. Im sure you are aware that co2 is not the only thing that affects temp, so yes there will be dips and troughs, however, there is an undeniable trend, which even as I outlined to CSP, the three most prominent anti-agw scientists don’t disagree with.

So you do agree that all the current CO2 and climate change hype has nothing to do with preservation of the planet but instead with preservation of the human species..
No. Yes call it selfish, but to preserve humanity we have to take care or where we live too.
I some don’t think that goes any further than the how big the roof is over their head.

Who says life in it's existing form should exist as it is for eternity. Somewhat arrogant to assume this is as good as it gets.
No-one Ive heard from, care to quote anybody yourself?
Arrogant, you are the one that seems hell bent on trying to find reason to continue to accelerate the rate at which species are going extinct, including man it would seem.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
where I try to come to relieve some stresses.

beats me why you then started a thread telling the world that agw is a scam and then only had your "opinion" to back it up with.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Firstly, its not my graph, its the same graph you will find anywhere that shows what is happening to temp and co2 levels, unless of course you take the one shown in the great global warming swindle which stopped at 1980.
The graph shows a correlation between temp and co2, that can be established statistically to a high confidence level without every small variation in co2 causing a likewise variation in temp. Im sure you are aware that co2 is not the only thing that affects temp, so yes there will be dips and troughs, however, there is an undeniable trend, which even as I outlined to CSP, the three most prominent anti-agw scientists don’t disagree with.

No. Yes call it selfish, but to preserve humanity we have to take care or where we live too.
I realise denialists don’t think that goes any further than the how big the roof is over their head.

No-one Ive heard from, care to quote anybody yourself?
Arrogant, you are the one that seems hell bent on trying to find reason to continue to accelerate the rate at which species are going extinct, including man it would seem.

Wow... so we downgrade from CO2 causes temp increase to "can be established to a high confidence level". :rofl:

And CO2 is not the only thing that affect temperature change?!? WHAT! NOW ####ING WAY!! :rofl2:

So it seems that when the temperature is increasing it's definately man made CO2 but when it's dropping then its other things.

Love it. You are hilarious.

I'm not a denialist mate, I'm someone who has both eyes open to the data available. I'm also someone who isn't scared to accept the fact some things are beyond our control.

I'm not sure the specific word I would use for you however. Though your mentality does draw some parallels to a child who has eyes closed, fingers in both ears and yelling "La lalalalala, I can't hear you..." when told something they don't agree with.

In regards to your final comment. Hell bent on trying to find reasons to accelerate the rate at which species are going extinct?

I'm actually all for preserving species that are affected directly by human interaction. I'm against whaling, against deforestation, poaching, etc.

But since climate change is not something we can control, I'm not too concerned about species becoming extinct due to climate change as to try adn preseve them in a climate they are not fit for is cruel and artificial.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I'm a skeptic when it comes to this stuff and I do try to learn more, I don't have endless hours to trawl up 'proof' either way on the internet like some people. But I can't say I am convinced yet that man is causing global warming, I come across this recently:

If you look at the IPCC reports, likely, extremely likely etc. have specific definitions and are just used as a shortcut in the text. Without checking again myself I think the definition of "likely" has a probability of between 66 and 90%.

See bold text, now for something that is presented as 'facts' by the agw nazis it all seems a little uncertain to me, if people that make a living out of this stuff aren't even sure about what is/has happened how can we be sure? Then the carbon tax, taxing for something noone can say with any certainty is happening. I like to keep an open mind and if someone shows me overwhelming proof that man is changing the climate then I will happily jump fence, but I am yet to see any such evidence. It just seems so stupid that everyone is focusing on this climate change stuff when even the 'experts' don't really know if its happening. Why not focus on the environmental catastrophies we do know for certain are occuring and fix those and if this climate change stuff is real then the good done in these other areas will be reflected in our climate.

There is always uncertainty in science and all legitimate science, where doing so is relevant, will be described with an estimate of the error involved.

I used an analogy in the political thread of measuring a wall in a home. While there may be some uncertainty as to whether a particular wall may be 2.95m, 3m, 3.05m etc. you can still have pretty good reason to think that the wall is not 1m or 10m.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
So it seems that when the temperature is increasing it's definately man made CO2 but when it's dropping then its other things.

Didnt think I would need to point out why there are small dips in the temperature as we go along, amongst other factors there are all the "nino" cycles, the 11 year solar cycles, volcanic eruptions which stop the penetration of sunlight etc, if you really wanted to know you could look them up yourself, but it appears your only motivation is to try and pursue a route of ridicule and derision rather than tackle agw on any logical grounds.

Jesterarts;1833031 I'm not a denialist mate said:
Not something that any-one admits to, they like to be referred to as skeptics, as though they are operating on some level of impartiality(misguided).

But in your case, Im afraid you are a denialist, you have both eyes open, but they are only looking in one book(you have revealed this about yourself in many ways) most just as clearly as you have illustrated here by not even attempting to look at why there are dips etc in the temp versus co2 graph.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd rather be a denialist than an alarmist. Wasn't it the head preachers @ IPCC who made all the wild claims about rising sea levels, dissapearing glaciers, no snows etc etc. Funnily enough the projections continually change (mainly with projections blowing out further and further).

I am still trying to work out how we cannot predict weather for more than 7 days with accuracy but we are expected to beleive that climate can be predicted for the next 1000 years.

Sorry alarmist, I just cannot accept the crap, especially when so much money is being made from it all.

Cheap6, have a few questions to ask via pm if that is ok :)

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Wow... so we downgrade from CO2 causes temp increase to "can be established to a high confidence level". :rofl:

My post above (#105) is relevant here.

And CO2 is not the only thing that affect temperature change?!? WHAT! NOW ####ING WAY!! :rofl2:

No, CO2 is not the only thing that has contributed to the current temperature of the Earth. CO2 is not even the only anthropogenic influence. CO2 is the just most significant cause of anthropogenic warming and the one with the greatest long term, irreversible, effect.

I'm not a denialist mate, I'm someone who has both eyes open to the data available.

So you are quite prepared to read the IPCC Working Group I Report "The Physical Science Basis", Chapter 2 where "Changes in Atmospheric Constituents and in Radiative Forcing" are discussed, including tabulated (p141) and graphical (p136) summaries of what effect, including estimated uncertainty, on warming and cooling the various relevant human influence gases have contributed to warming so far?

Though your mentality does draw some parallels to a child who has eyes closed, fingers in both ears and yelling "La lalalalala, I can't hear you..." when told something they don't agree with.

So where did that idea come from I wonder...

IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
All I know about this topic is Gillards stupid comments about how lower-income family's will be better off after the tax. This to me sounds like a robbing from the rich to give to the poor tax, with the government taking a large percentage for themselves.