Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The car that killed Holden in Australia, so they say.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah Craptiva alright. Don't think that killed Holden but having HOS in the Holden line up didn't do them any favours.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Nothing to do with the fact GM bleed the Aussie Tax payer dry or they stopped making cars here. Most of them are probably in the dunger yard by now. What sort of ******** would buy one nowdays? Every person I 've come across with a craptivia has never brough another holden none of them still have the craptivia eirther

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Quote from article........In contrast, Holden was consistent with the Captiva. But this time they overcorrected, sticking with the same model and trying to keep it fresh for 12 long years.
The Ford Territory had a similarly long run, but it was a more impressive vehicle that was designed and engineered specifically for Australia.

Dodged a bullet with this.
Missus didn't want a V8 Calais wagon ....... too big :rolleyes:...... anyway.
Looked at a Captiva, I didn't like the overall look of it, and the sales chick couldn't explain the AWD, nor the satnav (non-existent) updates. Her attitude seemed to be if we wanted one, we would buy it, if we didn't, well ... so what.
By this time the SY2 Territory had the front suspension problems solved, was better looking and the Barra engine was bullet proof. The Ford sales guy was enthusiastic, agreed to our drive away offer that was less than RRP, and complimented me on my choice of a Monaro ................. no contest.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I read the article and must say though I had heard the name I knew nothing about them. Doesn't look like I missed anything though no matter how good it was that type of vehicle has never been of interest to me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
All I can say after reading through the first few posts and checking out the link is, thank God Calaber is no longer around. He wore his rose coloured glasses while on this forum and owning Craptiva.

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
I looked to trade in the Adventra for a Craptiva. The Adventra had held some value.
Missus said "no way keep the Adventra", which she loved. Got an extended warranty and fought with the dealer for another 3 years.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I looked to trade in the Adventra for a Craptiva. The Adventra had held some value.
Missus said "no way keep the Adventra", which she loved. Got an extended warranty and fought with the dealer for another 3 years.

"I looked to trade in the Adventra for a "Craptiva". The Adventra had held some value."
haha "Craptiva"

Good Move ;)

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Still see the odd Craptiva lumbering around, usually bellowing smoke...

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
what killed holden?

Crap korean imports

alloytec engine.