Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The complete Vn-Vr Manual Conversion Guide.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
could i get a more detailed how to set up speedo from auto to manual,done the auto to manual just need the speedo to work and car will be complete

Not to be rude, but did you even read this thread at all? its all here, doubt anyone could explain it anymore clearly than already descibed.

joelyboy13

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
to do a manual conversion do you need to change anything electrical?

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
yeah i was quoting for manuals. the ones ill have to replace the current ones with.
I think that should be mentioned in here. cause it hasnt been yet

Just read this, and i seem to remember when we did the conversion on haydz old VR he had pacemaker extractors on there already. Can only assume they where auto ones since that was what the car was but we manange to fit the manual box.

Hope this helps, maybe haydz can confirm?

Yes but its fairly simple (vn/vp) just unplugging the auto loom and plugging in manual

Love VN conversions :p There just the right amount of modern and old to be easy to work on/mod.

VNenvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5spd
can someone help me i have 1990 vn calais im fixng up and im putting a 5spd in it and i need help wiring the auto loom to fit the t5

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
i've read the whole entire thread but haven't really come across what I'm looking for....

I have picked up a cheap VR Sedan with a 5 speed and Ecotec conversion... Just wondering if the tailshaft from the sedan will fit into my auto VR V6 ute? Also, there shouldn't be any issue with the flywheel or anything going from the Ecotec back to the Buick?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
there is a difference between ecotec and buick flywheels for the t5 and they cant be used on the other engine. you will need a flywheel from the same engine you are putting the gearbox on ie ecotec or buick.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
From my donor car I have ripped apart everything under the drivers side dash... Just trying to work out a way to disconnect the clutch pedal from the cable, it's a really awkward spot and I can't quite see whats holding the gold clip onto the pedal?

edit nevermind, took some jimmy jackin but I got it unhooked :boxing:

Last edited: