Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Im guessing the guy likes VR badges because I checked out the VIN and its a VS VIN. The car is A1, no problems, leaks or anything. Must be a weird case :p Proto, what process did you use to swap your badges?

Edit: My dad is an avid Holden fan, and despite what I said when I saw it, he reassures me that its a VS.

Last edited:

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Wat year is it? Use some Eucalyptus oil to get the badges off. If it is a VR u will need to redrill holes for the VS badge. The mounting holes are not in the same spot. VR has 2 holes in a vertical line top to bottom in the centre. The VS has a hole top centre, then another on the bottom to the left.

Who in there right mind would put VR badges on a VS???

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
wow that back badge sounds hard i say debadge it and put on a nice fat holden sticker across the back window no one will ask what sort of car it is tey will just ask why?

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Its a 1996 VS Executive S2. Oh I didnt realise it had holes in the body, if thats the case I may as well just do what hayds said and just debadge it all together.

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
i see it all the time with lexcens and its hard to tell for the untrained eye sept for that nice toyota logo on da steerin wheel
but a vs ser2 with vr badges why would sum1 backdate their car if anything update it awell mayb he only stuck it on with just the top pin and cut the other middle and bottom left pin right off cuz i wouldnt go all the effort drilling holes in my boot just to fit vr badges

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
hayds_12 said:
wow that back badge sounds hard i say debadge it and put on a nice fat holden sticker across the back window no one will ask what sort of car it is tey will just ask why?

Now why would you do something stupid like that?

Maybe Holden had old stock to get rid of.

proto_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR-S Manual
maybe was in a crash? replaced bonnet and boot?

I just cut the palstic clips ff the VS badges, dodgy i know but it works :):) (till they fall off)

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
front holden badge on a vs111?

hi guys, i bought a vs111 ute awhile ago. its not a s or ss or olympic, and the weird thing is it doesnt have a front holden badge? arnt there meant to be holes for the badge ? i cant see any patching up?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
might of had repair work, one of my brothers borked his bonnet after "Patting" a bull, after the smash repair no more badge.