Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
thanks guys i did it with boiling water & a little elbow greese but it looks much better thanks guys

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
EUCYLIPTUS OIL takes off any sticky marks, i did it with my back badges, left it smooth and stain free get it in woolworths

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
ok, i've debaged my VS, but haven't gotten rid of the gunky glue yet. Where abouts in woolworths is the eucalyptus oil and how much does it cost? (Save me walking through ever isle because i don't know what else it's used for).

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
hmm if the euc oil is good for marks does it work well removing full crused on or left over rings from dirty rain and tree sap ???

ive never ben able to bring these rings out without dieing from arm ache

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I took my badges off my VT a couple of days ago, I had a over ring, left over my series 2 badge.. I was scrubbing for ages with grease and wax remover... than I finally got it off after a while, with some water =/.

The v6 ecotec badges come off easy with fishing wire, and wax and grease remover. My mate used a old credit card to get his off aswell.. and no scratches!

Reaction score
Members Ride
bike :P
i took mine off and found heaps of holes holdin the badges on, i have a s2 VP berlina

4PLAYN

Reaction score
I have a VN berlina .... all i used was a credit card (bank card) and i just used alot of elbow grease to remove the glue from the boot ...

Scared to do it on mums car since the paint is almost see through and it would look silly with almost new paint where the badges were .... its that faded.

Cheers

Adam :w00t:

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
heres how we do it in the shop :thumbsup:

get an uber thin metal card (substitute for a thin paint scraper at home) and work it behind the badge, and IN FRONT of the panel. no need to touch the panel with the metal scraper/card. leave as much glue on there as you like.

rubber wheel ($5 from bunnings) attatchment for your air grinder, power grinder or rotary tool. we use an air powered rotary tool.

the rubber wheel isntantly, completely and perfectly removes all traces of glue without damaging the paintwork in any way at all. AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ACRYLIC!!!

no thinners, no heatguns, no boiling water, no mess, no risk of damage.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
heres how we do it in the shop :thumbsup:

get an uber thin metal card (substitute for a thin paint scraper at home) and work it behind the badge, and IN FRONT of the panel. no need to touch the panel with the metal scraper/card. leave as much glue on there as you like.

rubber wheel ($5 from bunnings) attatchment for your air grinder, power grinder or rotary tool. we use an air powered rotary tool.

the rubber wheel isntantly, completely and perfectly removes all traces of glue without damaging the paintwork in any way at all. AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ACRYLIC!!!

no thinners, no heatguns, no boiling water, no mess, no risk of damage.

or for the more poverty of us, boiling water and fishing line will suffice :p. just run plenty of water over it and work the fishing line behind it slowly. word of warning - if you have a VS the bonnet badge is also secured in the bonnet itself with two holes... i found this out unfortunately... i then proceeded to use big kev goo remover... scrubbed way too hard on teh front cause it was annoying me and the paint has come off a little, but only under where the badge was, so i'm not sure if it was big kev or the glues fault. Hence why i'm after eucalyptus oil before doing the rest of glue removal...

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
Stock CD player in VR and badge!

Anyone know the easiest way to remove the stocker VR acclaim tape deck?! also on my dash i have a little badge saying ['Sydney 94' 035] with a different interiour to the normal acclaim.

but i just bought a new cd player and trying to avoid paying a pro to install it, i can install it fine its just giving me the shits removing the stock. Let us know anyways thanx!

Dylan