Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The dreaded 'MISS'

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
You could try an upper cylinder cleaner. The problem with direct injection is nothing cleans the intake valve. with port injection the intake valve always gets washed with the incoming fuel, direct injection doesn't so over time oil can build up on the intake valves. Well known problem with direct injection unfortunately.
Just had the valves cleaned when my heads were off getting other work done, don't know how much baked on gunk there was on them though.

Ralphski

Ralphski
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VYII 3.8 Executive - MY11 VEII 3.6 Calais VV6
Right oh... Update time

To recap the miss was there before I made any changes... The car has been well looked after serviced on schedule every time.

Have replaced; plugs, coils, air filter & 02 sensors
Upper cylinder cleaned (spray can method)
MAF cleaned
Miss is still there.
The bonus is it's now using less fuel, this miss is not as prominent as it used to be... But I can still feel it.

FYI, this car is both LPG & Petrol and it does it on both fuels (Yes, I know... a LLT on LPG, but it's nice n cheap to run :)

I'm thinking it's time to dig into mechanicals... starting with a compression test. Thoughts?