Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
wow, sorry lads haven't been on here since before xmas, was enjoying my holidays! Good to see all you guys still training through the summer!

I see people were posting about alcohol and how it affects weight loss also. Might throw in my 2cents like I usually do :)

Generally it affects the liver, which has three main functions important for body modification.
1- protein synthesis
2- breakdown of fats (stored and digested)
3- detoxification

My understanding is the problem with drinking (low carb or otherwise) is that your liver works overtime to rid your body of the toxins in your alcohol, and is unable to perform the other 2 functions for quite some time (not sure how long). Furthermore, the liver uses water in the detoxification process so you're also dehydrated (making it even more difficult to burn fat/ gain muscle).

May not be correct but that has always been my understanding of it. Sugar free /low calorie soda with your alcohol will theoretically help as you're getting less of an insulin spike and less 'dirty' (processed) calories. But the problem lies in the alcohol.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Moderation is key.

Summer 2012, training 4-5 times a week regularly. Intensity increased, big focus on form now, results are showing and coming faster.

Looking forward to a good year. Goal is to build bigger and bigger, and strip more fat.

Diet has also been stable over holidays.

Lots of physical activity as it's waterskiing season so I'm doing full days of waterskiing/wakeboarding/kneeboarding etc as well as regular gym routine.

Yeye

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I just picked up the new Men's Health magazine and am about to start their new workout this week, starting tomorrow:

Workout A
Plank
Crossover Dumbbell Step-up
Bent-Over Y Raise
Goblet Squat
Push-Ups

Workout B
Side Plank
Offset Dumbbell Split Squat
Alternating Dumbbell Row
Dumbbell Straight-Leg Deadlift
Dumbbell Shoulderpress

Workout A on Mon, Workout B on Wed, Workout A on Fri. Reverse for the next week & keep repeating.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
87RB30VL wanna tell us a little bit about your goals? (weight loss weight gain etc)

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I posted a while ago, but I haven't gotten around to doing anything yet due to work, sickness, and oh, just a little something called getting engaged :) That's the first time I've mentioned it on JC lol, didn't want to make a thread or anything. But yes, goals! My main goal is, in a nutshell: Lose weight down from my current weight, 80KGS, to 70KGS, and then bulk up until I feel I like my physique, whether it be bulk up to 75, or even back up to 80kg, just depends how I feel at the time, if I feel great at 75, I'll stick to that.

The workout I'm currently doing (just finished my first session then, pretty good!) is aimed at, according to men's health, losing your gut/toning your abs and core, so I'm using it to lose weight, but also tone up my waist while I do it!

Only supplement I am having so far is (I'm not proud of this, it was on special lol) Shannan from Biggest Loser's brand of Whey Protein Powder after my workout. I am also going to (try) to eat more healthy as that's a huge factor to weight loss aswell.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
good stuff boys, my bulk cycle is going good. already back up to 81kg.

anyway someone filmed me spottin my mate :p

Last edited by a moderator:

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Monday:
Chest, Traps

Tuesday:
Biceps, Triceps

Wednesday:
Legs

Thursday:
Back

Friday:
Shoulders

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I posted a while ago, but I haven't gotten around to doing anything yet due to work, sickness, and oh, just a little something called getting engaged :) That's the first time I've mentioned it on JC lol, didn't want to make a thread or anything. But yes, goals! My main goal is, in a nutshell: Lose weight down from my current weight, 80KGS, to 70KGS, and then bulk up until I feel I like my physique, whether it be bulk up to 75, or even back up to 80kg, just depends how I feel at the time, if I feel great at 75, I'll stick to that.

The workout I'm currently doing (just finished my first session then, pretty good!) is aimed at, according to men's health, losing your gut/toning your abs and core, so I'm using it to lose weight, but also tone up my waist while I do it!

Only supplement I am having so far is (I'm not proud of this, it was on special lol) Shannan from Biggest Loser's brand of Whey Protein Powder after my workout. I am also going to (try) to eat more healthy as that's a huge factor to weight loss aswell.

Good stuff, congrats on getting engaged.

As well as eating healthy, try and space it out into 6 meals a day which will stimulate your metabolism and your body will start burning fat as an energy source without actually being at gym, so combining the two (workout plan and eating right) will help you achieve your goals ALOT quicker.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Hello all, just to share story on JC forums.......

I used to be 137kg via a lifestyle of shutting myself away and eating myself into a coma on a regular basis. I was fat as a child and a young adult. Then in a 6 month window during 2006-2007 everything worked and I lost 50kg. This was via limiting calorie intake and doing min 1hr a day cardio work. Since then I have been a bit up and down, some of the old bingeing behaviours have returned periodically. Lowest I have gotten too (on 177cm frame) is 77.9, highest about 102. Am currently 81.3 with a view to get down to 'final goal' of 75kg via using weight watchers online.

Towards the end of my big loss I started running. My first run was in feb 07 where I covered 1.8k in 13 min. 6 months later I completed my first City to Surf (14.1K) in 86m 50s. Following year I did it in 71m 25s. Following year.....life fell apart, went up to that 102 I talked about. No C2S. 2010 did a 1/2 marathon in 2h 06m 40s, and the C2s (whisl smoking and drinking heavily) at 82:20. Last year I joined my local running club and things have really improved; C2S 71:46. This year I have entered my local 1/2 marathon (already training at a pace of 1h 54min fpor the 21.1K trip), and am proceeding on my training plan to enter and finish the 2012 Canberra Marathon. I also do weights 3-4 times a week, on the upper body.