Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i also has gloves =D

hama 60kg seated shoulder press? animal!

i do 50kgs and im rekt by the end of it

Yeah but you look like the guy above jecs, haha

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I just always see that it's the try hard wankers at the gym wearing gloves..............
Typical glove wearer

Guys without gloves are always laid back, up for a chat or to help out.

Yeah true, fortunately I don't fit into that category :D if it wasn't for the sweat I'd be fine without them!

i also has gloves =D

hama 60kg seated shoulder press? animal!

i do 50kgs and im rekt by the end of it

Man, i'm blowing out of my arse doing it haha! Go hard or go home!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Any tips for trying to even out an apparent difference in strength between my right and left sides? Previous job involved some heavy lifting but always used my right arm being my favoured side.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
start jackin it with the left hand

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds like there is some decents weights being pushed.

I also wear gloves...

And while we're asking questions....what is everyone's opinion on what constitutes a good number for max reps of bench press at half body weight ?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Any tips for trying to even out an apparent difference in strength between my right and left sides? Previous job involved some heavy lifting but always used my right arm being my favoured side.

Not sure, I think wall of us will always have a preferred side due to being left or right hand/sided orientation. Our preferred side will always be a bit stronger.

You can try to single side isolation exercises, i.e. single side bench press, dumbell curl, hammers, tri's etc...

I also wear gloves...

And while we're asking questions....what is everyone's opinion on what constitutes a good number for max reps of bench press at half body weight ?

8 reps is pretty good for your max effort sort of weights (i.e. bulking up) 12-15reps for toning/endurance work

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim

switch to dumbbells instead of barbells where possible if you havent already - your weak side will be forced to catch up can be done for all the big lifts.

I also wear gloves...

half body weight id say 40-50 reps would be "good"... are you entering a comp or something?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.

Wear gloves.... -.-

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
While we're all sharing, I thought I add that i hit two goals last week 1) Deadlift 150kg 2) Squated 120kg. But after few weeks in denial, Ive finally admitted to myself they I have rototar cuff issues. Dropped shoulder press right back and now doing some exercises and more streches for it, only have another four weeks, before two weeks off. Ill monitor it closey as the rotator cuff is not one of those muscles you want to f#$k with.

Hamma, do you go any lower in your squat, than what the photo shows?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
While we're all sharing, I thought I add that i hit two goals last week 1) Deadlift 150kg 2) Squated 120kg. But after few weeks in denial, Ive finally admitted to myself they I have rototar cuff issues. Dropped shoulder press right back and now doing some exercises and more streches for it, only have another four weeks, before two weeks off. Ill monitor it closey as the rotator cuff is not one of those muscles you want to f#$k with.

Hamma, do you go any lower in your squat, than what the photo shows?

I go basically full range of motion with squats. Hip joint goes lower than knee joint.